    = Therefore in violation of Ebay's Usenet posting rules.

    --
    Bart
    Bart van der Wolf, Aug 13, 2006

  2. Bart van der Wolf

    Mathew Orman Guest

    No,
    it is one time announcement
    and I am the inventor.
    You will not see any repeated post about jpsBrown again.

    Sincerely,

    Mathew Orman

    Mathew Orman, Aug 13, 2006

  3. Bart van der Wolf

    Jeff R. Guest

    > No,
    > it is one time announcement
    > and I am the inventor.
    > You will not see any repeated post about jpsBrown again.
    >
    > Sincerely,
    >
    > Mathew Orman

    Please!
    Don't listen to the nincompoop net-nanny nay-sayers.

    Any posts concerning stereo attachments for dSLRs are on-topic and more than
    welcome.
    I love playing with stereoscopy, and your gizmo seemed a worthy device.

    --
    Jeff R.
    Jeff R., Aug 14, 2006
  4. Bart van der Wolf

    Stewy Guest

    In article <44e0400c$0$22360$>,
    "Jeff R." <> wrote:

    > "Mathew Orman" <> wrote in message
    > > No,
    > > it is one time announcement
    > > and I am the inventor.
    > > You will not see any repeated post about jpsBrown again.
    > >
    > > Sincerely,
    > >
    > > Mathew Orman
    > >

    > Please!
    > Don't listen to the nincompoop net-nanny nay-sayers.
    >
    > Any posts concerning stereo attachments for dSLRs are on-topic and more than
    > welcome.
    > I love playing with stereoscopy, and your gizmo seemed a worthy device.
    >
    > --
    > Jeff R.

    If you've got the money, buying two identical cameras will yield better
    results that a stereo adaptor. I bought two Fuji F440s as they were
    cheap enough, square at the back and had a tripod mount. Because of
    their wide-angle lenses, the 65mm lens separation is unnecessary and
    you'll get better stereo with a wider separation. Both cameras are
    screwed to a simple L-shaped piece of aluminium (aluminum to the folks
    across the pond) with a slot to allow the cameras to be separated
    between 70mm and 150mm. I usually print two stereo pairs on an A4 sheet
    in landscape. Reversing them for cross-eyed viewing - more detail! As
    the cameras don't sit exactly square on the bar, I usually have to
    adjust up or down the two images, but the Photoshop guides help line up
    the two pix.

    You could try this on stationary subjects using a single camera.

    Take a look at http://home.att.net/~drt-3d/toys/realist/index.htm if you
    ever feel like buying a film based stereo camera - I have one of these
    Stereo Realists but seldom use it these days.
    Stewy, Aug 14, 2006
  5. "Mathew Orman" <> wrote in message
    > No,
    > it is one time announcement and I am the inventor.

    Then you should have started your subject line with [ANN] or [ADV] so
    it is clear that you are promoting a commercial product/service. That
    allows people to ignore or not (or filter it) without first reading
    it, since this is not a "marketplace" group.

    > You will not see any repeated post about jpsBrown again.

    You also could have cross-referenced multiple newsgroups in the
    Newsgroups line, that would result in only a single occurrence of your
    message being posted, and a single read for those visiting multiple
    newsgroups. Much better for sales rather than building resistance and
    irritation.

    You should also have bottom posted your reaction, because top posting
    sends the message that you find your time more important than the time
    of the readers, AKA bad Netiquette. Maybe you are just an
    inexperienced Usenet poster, I then suggest you learn the rules and
    make life more pleasant for all.

    Finally, Ebay terms of service do not allow to post offers/links on
    Usenet. Maybe you forgot?

    --
    Bart
    Bart van der Wolf, Aug 14, 2006