Re: New 'Streets of Fire' Release

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Game Zone, Jul 11, 2003.

  1. Game Zone

    Game Zone Guest

    "Joshua Zyber" <> wrote in message news:<bel6bi$qr6$>...
    > "Game Zone" <> wrote in message
    > > I just noticed an online vendor will be selling a new DVD version of
    > > Streets of Fire in August 2003. It's being released by Pioneer
    > > Entertainment. It has a different cover. Does anyone have any info
    > > on extras, if it's a remaster, whether it's better quality than the
    > > original,...

    > Where do you see this listed? I haven't heard of a reissue. Amazon
    > doesn't list anything other than the existing Universal disc, which does
    > not seem to be out of print.
    >
    > > Any chance that since it's Pioneer they used a laserdisc as the
    > > source. :)

    > The original universal disc was in fact mastered from a recycled
    > laserdisc transfer.
    >
    > - Josh

    Check out this site for the new release:

    http://www.chapters.indigo.ca - do a dvd search for 'Streets of Fire'.
    It says it's being released by Pioneer Entertainment. Does the
    Universal release mention Pionner anywhere?

    If anyone buys it let us know if it's different and how the transfer
    compares to the Universal release.

    Game Zone, Jul 11, 2003

  2. Game Zone

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    "Game Zone" <> wrote in message
    > Check out this site for the new release:
    >
    > http://www.chapters.indigo.ca - do a dvd search for 'Streets of Fire'.
    > It says it's being released by Pioneer Entertainment. Does the
    > Universal release mention Pionner anywhere?

    Interesting. Maybe the rights are held by Pioneer in Canada?

    I wish Norm was still here. He'd know the low-down.

    Joshua Zyber, Jul 11, 2003