Re: New: Nikon D5000

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Get lost, Apr 14, 2009.

  1. Get lost

    Get lost Guest

    Get lost, Apr 14, 2009
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Get lost

    ASAAR Guest

    On Tue, 14 Apr 2009 14:30:24 +0100, Focus wrote:

    >> The idiot "Focus" will buy one, and find that one or two of his images
    >> are out of focus, or poorly exposed. He will then post at length about
    >> his "problems" on here, displaying the usual near-complete lack of
    >> knowledge of the basic principles of photography.
    >> . . .
    >> Well, you should know the routine by now. It repeats itself every time
    >> Nikon introduces a new model. ;-)

    >
    > To satisfy you and your illiterate buddies: yes, I will buy this one for a
    > number of reasons.


    Chief among them is that just as it is with the fabled scorpion,
    you will buy because it is your nature.


    > Poor Canon must be in tears: they never come up with something new or
    > original. Just some increase in MP at the cost of IQ with every single new
    > camera.


    With pronouncements such as these, are you surprised that some
    people regard you as an idiot? FYI, many of Canon's DSLRs (starting
    with, but not limited to the 40D and 50D) are much better for macro
    and some other types of photography than anything Nikon or other
    companies offer, because Canon came up with something new and
    original. Not long ago Nikon introduced three impressive PC-E
    Nikkors, but Canon just trumped them with their new offering, which
    also benefited from something new and original, at least where DSLR
    lenses are concerned. Nikon now has some DSLRs that provide
    amazingly good low noise, high ISO performance, but not until the D3
    put them near par with Canon's DSLRs, which for several years had
    sensors that offered something new and better than what other
    manufacturers provided. While you may not be an idiot, you sure
    display an unfortunate combination of ignorance, lack of wisdom, and
    the propensity to have strong opinions of things you know little of.


    > All people seem to be idiots to you, aren't they?
    > You're just too kind with words.


    I normally wouldn't have commented on that poorly constructed
    sentence, but as you followed it with one talking about "words", it
    seemed to beg for someone to help you out by noting that you should
    have paid more attention in class when the rules for assembling
    words into proper sentences were taught. Know whut I mean, Vern?
     
    ASAAR, Apr 14, 2009
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Get lost

    Rob Morley Guest

    On Wed, 15 Apr 2009 12:49:59 +0100
    "Focus" <> wrote:

    > After a car accident, a few years ago, my spelling isn't that great
    > anymore.


    So did you have OCD/impulse control problems before your brain injury,
    or did they result from it?
     
    Rob Morley, Apr 15, 2009
    #3
  4. Get lost

    Nobody Guest

    Nobody, Apr 15, 2009
    #4
  5. Get lost

    ASAAR Guest

    On Wed, 15 Apr 2009 12:49:59 +0100, Focus wrote:

    >> With pronouncements such as these, are you surprised that some
    >> people regard you as an idiot? FYI, many of Canon's DSLRs (starting
    >> with, but not limited to the 40D and 50D) are much better for macro
    >> and some other types of photography than anything Nikon or other
    >> companies offer, because Canon came up with something new and
    >> original. Not long ago Nikon introduced three impressive PC-E
    >> Nikkors, but Canon just trumped them with their new offering, which
    >> also benefited from something new and original, at least where DSLR
    >> lenses are concerned. Nikon now has some DSLRs that provide
    >> amazingly good low noise, high ISO performance, but not until the D3
    >> put them near par with Canon's DSLRs, which for several years had
    >> sensors that offered something new and better than what other
    >> manufacturers provided. While you may not be an idiot, you sure
    >> display an unfortunate combination of ignorance, lack of wisdom, and
    >> the propensity to have strong opinions of things you know little of.

    >
    > I'm not talking about the past. I live in the here and now. The last few
    > camera that came out from Canon have seen an increase in MP, but a decrease
    > in IQ, while Nikon has gone the other way: same "old" 12 MP, but every new
    > one has an increase in IQ.


    Only the last (better high ISO performance) refers to Canon's past
    superiority. Nikon is still behind Canon in the other areas
    mentioned. Did this escape your attention or is your problem one of
    comprehension? Also, you can ask your sister to also proofread that
    last sentence.


    >>> All people seem to be idiots to you, aren't they?
    >>> You're just too kind with words.

    >>
    >> I normally wouldn't have commented on that poorly constructed
    >> sentence, but as you followed it with one talking about "words", it
    >> seemed to beg for someone to help you out by noting that you should
    >> have paid more attention in class when the rules for assembling
    >> words into proper sentences were taught. Know whut I mean, Vern?

    >
    > Well, excuse me for the fact that I speak 4 languages fluently, 3 more a
    > little bit and Portuguese I'm still learning. English being my second
    > language.
    > After a car accident, a few years ago, my spelling isn't that great anymore.
    > But before I post again, I'll have it checked by my sister who's a professor
    > in English literature.


    It's not about a spelling error. You also didn't pay attention to
    the words that I wrote, because you'll see that you were told that
    the problem had to do with the words that you used. Spelling errors
    or typos tend to be due to letter mistakes. The ability to speak
    eight languages would normally be something to be admired, but in
    your case we'd like to know if you switched to the other languages
    when you found something in the previous ones that displeased you.
     
    ASAAR, Apr 15, 2009
    #5
  6. Get lost

    Wally Guest

    On Wed, 15 Apr 2009 21:57:39 +0100, "Focus" <> wrote:

    >"ASAAR" <> wrote in message
    >news:...
    >> Only the last (better high ISO performance) refers to Canon's past
    >> superiority. Nikon is still behind Canon in the other areas
    >> mentioned. Did this escape your attention or is your problem one of
    >> comprehension? Also, you can ask your sister to also proofread that
    >> last sentence.

    >
    >Vraag jij je zus maar of je haar vanavond weer neuken mag. Achterlijk stuk
    >inteelt.
    >
    >> It's not about a spelling error. You also didn't pay attention to
    >> the words that I wrote, because you'll see that you were told that
    >> the problem had to do with the words that you used. Spelling errors
    >> or typos tend to be due to letter mistakes. The ability to speak
    >> eight languages would normally be something to be admired, but in
    >> your case we'd like to know if you switched to the other languages
    >> when you found something in the previous ones that displeased you.

    >
    >Als je het over wij hebt, bedoel je ook de stemmetjes in je hoofd zeker?
    >Zoek een baan, langharig werkschuw tuig...


    Say what you want, but this is one of the best NGs to learn new swear
    words.

    I used to know an even better one, but it has since died... nobody
    there any more.

    People come here for information on digital photography. But the
    regulars surely have enough of that already, so are here for
    companionship. Those lonely people spend their time here vehemently
    cursing out people they don't even know.

    Can you understand it?

    As for you, Focus, the best I can offer you is Uitgedroogd stukje
    vetpudding!

    Wally
     
    Wally, Apr 15, 2009
    #6
  7. Get lost

    ASAAR Guest

    On Wed, 15 Apr 2009 21:57:39 +0100, Focus wrote:

    >>>>> All people seem to be idiots to you, aren't they?
    >>>>> You're just too kind with words.


    >> It's not about a spelling error. You also didn't pay attention to
    >> the words that I wrote, because you'll see that you were told that
    >> the problem had to do with the words that you used. Spelling errors
    >> or typos tend to be due to letter mistakes. The ability to speak
    >> eight languages would normally be something to be admired, but in
    >> your case we'd like to know if you switched to the other languages
    >> when you found something in the previous ones that displeased you.

    >
    > Als je het over wij hebt, bedoel je ook de stemmetjes in je hoofd zeker?
    > Zoek een baan, langharig werkschuw tuig...


    I do hope that this made you feel better. The only problem being
    that where your OPs and replies made you appear juvenile, this one
    pushes you into infantile behavior territory. There are a couple of
    folk on DPR that post their insults in more obscure languages. It's
    a strange mix of infantile and cowardly behavior, and like you, that
    it harms their reputation and makes them appear foolish doesn't
    concern them in the least. It also damages your credibility, since
    you've now given us reason to doubt 1. that you have a sister that's
    an English professor (or if she does exist, maybe she's not capable
    of spotting your mistake) and 2. that the photographic "credentials"
    you regularly display may be puffed up just a bit, or worse.
     
    ASAAR, Apr 15, 2009
    #7
  8. Get lost

    Dyna Soar Guest

    ASAAR wrote:

    > I do hope that this made you feel better. The only problem being
    > that where your OPs and replies made you appear juvenile, this one
    > pushes you into infantile behavior territory. There are a couple of
    > folk on DPR that post their insults in more obscure languages. It's
    > a strange mix of infantile and cowardly behavior, and like you, that
    > it harms their reputation and makes them appear foolish doesn't
    > concern them in the least. It also damages your credibility, since
    > you've now given us reason to doubt 1. that you have a sister that's
    > an English professor (or if she does exist, maybe she's not capable
    > of spotting your mistake) and 2. that the photographic "credentials"
    > you regularly display may be puffed up just a bit, or worse.


    You know, you have more than some justification in your criticism of Focus'
    comments regarding photographic matters.
    However, to pick on somebody's use of English when it is obviously not his
    first language only shows *you* up as an arrogant, self-centred pedant!

    --
    Dyna

    All rights reserved. All wrongs avenged.
     
    Dyna Soar, Apr 16, 2009
    #8
  9. Get lost

    ASAAR Guest

    On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 07:15:41 +0800, Dyna Soar sourly wrote:

    > You know, you have more than some justification in your criticism of Focus'
    > comments regarding photographic matters.
    > However, to pick on somebody's use of English when it is obviously not his
    > first language only shows *you* up as an arrogant, self-centred pedant!


    I hardly ever criticize grammatical, spelling or punctuation
    errors. I even mentioned this when I referred to the error :

    >> I normally wouldn't have commented on that poorly constructed
    >> sentence, but as you followed it with one talking about "words", it
    >> seemed to beg for someone to help you out by noting


    At the time I posted this reply, Focus hadn't yet indicated that
    English wasn't his primary language, which he writes well enough
    anyway that one wouldn't make reasonably make that assumption. He
    also said that he's *fluent* in four of eight languages, so since he
    said that English is his second language, it would be reasonable to
    assume that it's one of the four languages that he claims to be
    fluent in. As such, your hostile reaction is misdirected and should
    have been turned towards yourself. You show more than the average
    amount of cluelessness, ignorance and arrogance in your
    shoot-from-the-hip reply. Even if you missed some of the earlier
    replies in this thread that accounts for your ignorance, fetching
    them before going on the attack with a bogus insult might have
    helped prevent you from appearing to share Focus's foolishness.
     
    ASAAR, Apr 16, 2009
    #9
  10. Get lost

    Dyna Soar Guest

    ASAAR wrote:
    > On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 07:15:41 +0800, Dyna Soar sourly wrote:


    >> You know, you have more than some justification in your criticism of
    >> Focus' comments regarding photographic matters.
    >> However, to pick on somebody's use of English when it is obviously
    >> not his first language only shows *you* up as an arrogant,
    >> self-centred pedant!


    > I hardly ever criticize grammatical, spelling or punctuation
    > errors. I even mentioned this when I referred to the error :


    But you still chose to do it, didn't you, obviously just to have a cheap
    shot at Focus.

    >>> I normally wouldn't have commented on that poorly constructed
    >>> sentence, but as you followed it with one talking about "words", it
    >>> seemed to beg for someone to help you out by noting


    > At the time I posted this reply, Focus hadn't yet indicated that
    > English wasn't his primary language, which he writes well enough
    > anyway that one wouldn't make reasonably make that assumption. He
    > also said that he's *fluent* in four of eight languages, so since he
    > said that English is his second language, it would be reasonable to
    > assume that it's one of the four languages that he claims to be
    > fluent in. As such, your hostile reaction is misdirected and should
    > have been turned towards yourself.
    > You show more than the average
    > amount of cluelessness, ignorance and arrogance in your
    > shoot-from-the-hip reply. Even if you missed some of the earlier
    > replies in this thread that accounts for your ignorance, fetching
    > them before going on the attack with a bogus insult might have
    > helped prevent you from appearing to share Focus's foolishness.


    I *have* followed all the thread and I find it ironic that you accuse me of
    cluelessness, ignorance and arrogance, apparently because I am uninformed.
    Yet it is very common knowledge in all the groups to which this thread is
    posted that Focus is not from a place where English is the first language,
    but you claim ignorance..

    I repeat for emphasis... You *are* an arrogant, self-centred pedant, the
    whole tone of your reply to me only reinforces that.observation.

    I wish you a good day, now go and study your textbooks on English grammar
    and sentence construction so you're ready to pick on someone else's writing
    limitations..


    --
    Dyna

    All rights reserved. All wrongs avenged.
     
    Dyna Soar, Apr 16, 2009
    #10
  11. Get lost

    ASAAR Guest

    On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 08:11:45 +0800, Dyna Soar wrote:

    >> I hardly ever criticize grammatical, spelling or punctuation
    >> errors. I even mentioned this when I referred to the error :

    >
    > But you still chose to do it, didn't you, obviously just to have a
    > cheap shot at Focus.


    As I also previously said, by his ill considered and foolish
    posts, Focus asks for and deserves whatever ridicule he gets. It's
    well earned but he's earnest (perhaps too much so) and his
    contributions are occasionally useful/welcome, unlike you that
    materialized out of thin air and has no contributions yet other than
    your attacks. It's entirely possible that you're a new sock puppet
    reviving a dormant agenda, but whether you are or aren't, it's
    unlikely that you'll ever be more than an inconsequential pest.
     
    ASAAR, Apr 16, 2009
    #11
  12. Get lost

    Dyna Soar Guest

    ASAAR wrote:
    > On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 08:11:45 +0800, Dyna Soar wrote:


    >>> I hardly ever criticize grammatical, spelling or punctuation
    >>> errors. I even mentioned this when I referred to the error :


    >> But you still chose to do it, didn't you, obviously just to have a
    >> cheap shot at Focus.


    > As I also previously said, by his ill considered and foolish
    > posts, Focus asks for and deserves whatever ridicule he gets. It's
    > well earned but he's earnest (perhaps too much so) and his
    > contributions are occasionally useful/welcome, unlike you that
    > materialized out of thin air


    "materialized out of thin air"?
    I've been posting regularly to Usenet using this nick for over ten years at
    least. Your not recognising it is irrelevant. Who remembers all posters?

    > and has no contributions yet other than
    > your attacks.


    Attacks? LOL. I criticised you, not for your criticism of Focus' apparent
    foolish posts on matters photographic (in fact, I agreed with you). It's
    still a cheap shot, though, when you sound off at another's possibly less
    than perfect English skills. If pointing that out is an attack in your eyes,
    so be it.

    > It's entirely possible that you're a new sock puppet
    > reviving a dormant agenda, but whether you are or aren't, it's
    > unlikely that you'll ever be more than an inconsequential pest.


    You're entitled to your opinion, of course, doesn't make you less of an
    arrogant pedant though.

    --
    Dyna

    All rights reserved. All wrongs avenged.
     
    Dyna Soar, Apr 16, 2009
    #12
  13. Get lost

    ASAAR Guest

    On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 10:07:43 +0800, Dyna Soar wrote:

    >> As I also previously said, by his ill considered and foolish
    >> posts, Focus asks for and deserves whatever ridicule he gets. It's
    >> well earned but he's earnest (perhaps too much so) and his
    >> contributions are occasionally useful/welcome, unlike you that
    >> materialized out of thin air

    >
    > "materialized out of thin air"?
    > I've been posting regularly to Usenet using this nick for over ten years at
    > least. Your not recognising it is irrelevant. Who remembers all posters?


    Usenet is quite a bit larger than this newsgroup and I relied on
    my newsreader's database, not on my memory. I don't even subscribe
    to all of the ones that this msg. is addressed to ("aus.photo,
    rec.photo.digital, rec.photo.digital.slr-systems, and
    uk.rec.photo.misc"). How long have you been posting to
    rec.photo.digital? I didn't find any other messages from you going
    back a good number of months. Perhaps you posted here years ago, or
    perhaps more recently to other newsgroups, almost all of which I
    never read?


    >> and has no contributions yet other than
    >> your attacks.

    >
    > Attacks? LOL. I criticised you, not for your criticism of Focus' apparent
    > foolish posts on matters photographic (in fact, I agreed with you).


    The "?" after "Attacks" indicates that you think that what you
    wrote wasn't an attack, and the "LOL" indicates that you found it
    amusing. If you think that when you wrote that you think that I'm
    an "arrogant, self-centred pedant!" (and repeated it in your next
    reply) then there's a disconnect between you and reality.


    > You're entitled to your opinion, of course, doesn't make you less of an
    > arrogant pedant though.


    Ah, the third time's the charm. You have little imagination and
    are stuck in a verbal rut. As Mr. T would say, I pity the fool . . .
    As you didn't comment on the possibility that you may be a sock
    puppet, its odds go up a bit. I await your next release of bile.
     
    ASAAR, Apr 16, 2009
    #13
  14. Get lost

    Dyna Soar Guest

    ASAAR wrote:
    > On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 10:07:43 +0800, Dyna Soar wrote:


    >>> As I also previously said, by his ill considered and foolish
    >>> posts, Focus asks for and deserves whatever ridicule he gets. It's
    >>> well earned but he's earnest (perhaps too much so) and his
    >>> contributions are occasionally useful/welcome, unlike you that
    >>> materialized out of thin air


    >> "materialized out of thin air"?
    >> I've been posting regularly to Usenet using this nick for over ten
    >> years at least. Your not recognising it is irrelevant. Who remembers
    >> all posters?


    > Usenet is quite a bit larger than this newsgroup and I relied on
    > my newsreader's database, not on my memory. I don't even subscribe
    > to all of the ones that this msg. is addressed to ("aus.photo,
    > rec.photo.digital, rec.photo.digital.slr-systems, and
    > uk.rec.photo.misc"). How long have you been posting to
    > rec.photo.digital? I didn't find any other messages from you going
    > back a good number of months. Perhaps you posted here years ago, or
    > perhaps more recently to other newsgroups, almost all of which I
    > never read?


    That would be obvious, I would say.

    >>> and has no contributions yet other than
    >>> your attacks.


    >> Attacks? LOL. I criticised you, not for your criticism of Focus'
    >> apparent foolish posts on matters photographic (in fact, I agreed
    >> with you).


    > The "?" after "Attacks" indicates that you think that what you
    > wrote wasn't an attack, and the "LOL" indicates that you found it
    > amusing. If you think that when you wrote that you think that I'm
    > an "arrogant, self-centred pedant!" (and repeated it in your next
    > reply) then there's a disconnect between you and reality.


    Oh, your strange reasoning/conclusion is amusing

    >> You're entitled to your opinion, of course, doesn't make you less of
    >> an arrogant pedant though.


    > Ah, the third time's the charm.


    Thank you!

    > You have little imagination and
    > are stuck in a verbal rut. As Mr. T would say, I pity the fool . . .
    > As you didn't comment on the possibility that you may be a sock
    > puppet, its odds go up a bit


    Comment on being a sock? What good would that do? Non socks deny, socks
    deny. How would anyone know? Whatever I would say, I'm sure you have a
    closed mind on the subject, I guess that allows you to justify your actions
    to yourself.

    > I await your next release of bile.


    OK. Wait away!

    --
    Dyna

    All rights reserved. All wrongs avenged.
     
    Dyna Soar, Apr 16, 2009
    #14
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. PDM

    Re: Nikon D5000

    PDM, Apr 15, 2009, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    315
    measekite
    Apr 15, 2009
  2. robert w fischer

    Nikon D5000

    robert w fischer, May 4, 2009, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    425
  3. SPAM.WATCH

    Re: Nikon D5000 Recalled

    SPAM.WATCH, Aug 13, 2009, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    521
    Frédérique & Hervé Sainct
    Aug 15, 2009
  4. eNo

    Open letter to Nikon re: D5000 recall

    eNo, Aug 19, 2009, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    1,045
    Frédérique & Hervé Sainct
    Aug 22, 2009
  5. Bruce

    Nikon D5000 Service Advisory

    Bruce, Aug 19, 2010, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    331
    Bruce
    Aug 19, 2010
Loading...

Share This Page