Re: New Nikon 67mm Filter Ring Adapter for CP5700

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Ed Ruf, Jul 16, 2003.

  1. Ed Ruf

    Ed Ruf Guest

    On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 10:47:55 -0400, in rec.photo.digital "Steve Leo"
    <> wrote:

    >Has anyone purchased the new 67mm filter ring adapter for the CP5700. If so can you tell me if you
    >are happy with it. Can any 67mm filter be attached or only Nikon filters. Any information or insight
    >on this new product will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

    I believe any 67mm filter would work. Have you looked at the FAQ on the
    nikon site? Go to the 5700 tech support page at:
    http://www.nikonusa.com/usa_tech_center/dtc_options.jsp?cat=1&grp=2&productNr=25504

    and click on FAQs. Not surprisingly, the 5700 accessory shockwave pages
    down mention this.

    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    http://members.cox.net/egruf
    See images taken with my CP-990 and 5700 at
    http://members.cox.net/egruf-digicam

    Ed Ruf, Jul 16, 2003

  2. Ed Ruf

    ralford Guest

    and they are sold out... and why 67mm?

    rma

    ralford, Jul 16, 2003

  3. Ed Ruf

    Steve Leo Guest

    "ralford" <> wrote in message news:eHkRa.51958$...
    > and they are sold out... and why 67mm?
    >
    > rma

    Amazon.com has both the Nikon 67mm filter ring adapter and a four 67mm package in stock for about
    $120 combined, if you are interested. As to why 67mm, who knows. Nikon works in mysterious ways its
    wonders to perform. If I were to guess I would think it's because it makes the adapter wide enough
    to let the lens extend without a problem. I measured and 67mm is just slightly wider then the lens
    when retracted. Anyway that's the only adapter specifically for filters Nikon makes for the CP5700
    as far as I know. Just arriving in stores recently.

    Steve Leo, Jul 17, 2003
  4. Ed Ruf

    Ed Ruf Guest

    On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 22:52:58 GMT, in rec.photo.digital "ralford"
    <> wrote:

    >and they are sold out... and why 67mm?

    Sold out? I doubt they are even available yet, especially as such the don't
    give a model number. Why 67mm? My guess would be so you could stack filters
    without vignetting and there are other cameras which use 67mm filters. Such
    are available at http://www.2filter.com

    Ed Ruf, Jul 17, 2003
  5. Ed Ruf

    Frank ess Guest

    | > On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 22:52:58 GMT, in rec.photo.digital "ralford"
    | > <> wrote:
    | >
    | > >and they are sold out... and why 67mm?
    | >
    | > Sold out? I doubt they are even available yet, especially as such
    the don't
    | > give a model number. Why 67mm? My guess would be so you could stack
    filters
    | > without vignetting and there are other cameras which use 67mm
    filters. Such
    | > are available at http://www.2filter.com
    | > ________________________________________________________
    | > Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    | > http://members.cox.net/egruf
    | > See images taken with my CP-990 and 5700 at
    | > http://members.cox.net/egruf-digicam
    |
    | If you do a search on Google you will find that these filter rings
    and filters are available at
    | several sites including Amazon.com although Nikon claims they are out
    of stock. And they do have
    | part numbers. The below was taken directly from the Nikon website.
    |
    | Nikon USA sells a filter set and adapter rings for the Coolpix 5700.
    |
    | This filter set consists of four 67mm filters: UV, Circular
    Polarizer, Neutral Density 4 and Neutral
    | Density 8. They come complete in a handy filter wallet. These filters
    require the use of an adapter
    | ring, see below, for use with the Coolpix 5700.
    |
    | 67mm Filter Set (requires adapter ring)
    | Product #5596
    | MSRP US$119.95
    |
    | 67mm Adapter Ring - required for use of 67mm filters with Coolpix
    5700
    | Product #5597
    | MSRP US$34.95
    |
    | As I mentioned Amazon.com has both items for about $120 combined and
    they say they usually ship in
    | 24 hours. I was wondering if anyone has bought them and used them
    with no problems. I have asked
    | Nikon whether the treads on the filter ring adapter are universal and
    can be used with any 67mm
    | filter. I'm waiting for an answer.

    The Amazon.com site lists the items as "By Nikon." I reckon they will
    come from a well-known photo store on the Eastern seabord, in Nikon
    boxes. If they don't, Amazon will have to eat the return.

    Frank ess

    Frank ess, Jul 17, 2003
  6. Ed Ruf

    Ed Ruf Guest

    On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 20:22:55 -0400, in rec.photo.digital "Steve Leo"
    <> wrote:

    >If you do a search on Google you will find that these filter rings and filters are available at
    >several sites including Amazon.com although Nikon claims they are out of stock. And they do have
    >part numbers.

    Ok, thanks. I was thinking more like a model number such as that used for
    every other adapter Nikon has, UR-E??

    Ed Ruf, Jul 17, 2003