    PuppyKatt Guest

    All done, and it now shows up in My Computer. Thanks a bunch, guys. One
    question, though: why is the print in blue, rather than black?

    PuppyKatt, Nov 13, 2004

  2. PuppyKatt

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "PuppyKatt" <> wrote in message
    news:kEeld.7525$...
    | All done, and it now shows up in My Computer. Thanks a bunch, guys. One
    | question, though: why is the print in blue, rather than black?

    AH! Another option many users are not aware of. XP shows files on
    compressed drives in blue type. I expect when you set your partition you saw
    that "Enable Compression" option and checked it - that's why the drive
    folders/filenames are in blue.

    Keep in mind that some file types do not compress well. For instance, CAB,
    JPG, MP3, andof course ZIP files (and most other archive types) are already
    compressed, and will often be *larger* on a compressed drive than
    uncompressed drives.

    Toolman Tim, Nov 13, 2004