Re: new linux kernel with an interesting addition.

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Apr 18, 2008.

  1. In article <>, thingy did write:

    > "Kernel.org for Orion combined with cheap development hardware will
    > radically facilitate porting software from x86 to ARM. This comes at a
    > time when x86 is wading into the embedded space, with Intel's Atom and
    > Via's Isaiah chips marching jointly under the standard of better
    > software support than less power-thirsty chips based on embedded
    > architectures like ARM. "

    I wonder if an Eee-like machine could be built around an ARM chip, to give
    even longer battery life while offering a full desktop OS. Nobody has
    risked it up to now because they had to offer the option of running
    Dimdows, if only as a fallback. But the success of the Eee and its
    competitors shows that there's money to be made even if you only offer
    Linux. So will someone give it a try?

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Apr 18, 2008

  2. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Guest

    On Fri, 18 Apr 2008 19:59:37 +1200, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

    > In article <>, thingy did write:
    >

    > I wonder if an Eee-like machine could be built around an ARM chip, to
    > give even longer battery life while offering a full desktop OS. Nobody
    > has risked it up to now because they had to offer the option of running
    > Dimdows, if only as a fallback. But the success of the Eee and its
    > competitors shows that there's money to be made even if you only offer
    > Linux. So will someone give it a try?

    Sorry i think i have just yawned myself into another coma ...

    Biggles.

    , Apr 21, 2008

  3. In message <fuhs0r$3km$>, wrote:

    > Sorry i think i have just yawned myself into another coma ...

    How can anyone tell?

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Apr 22, 2008
  4. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Guest

    On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 11:44:43 +1200, sam wrote:

    > Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    >> In message <fuhs0r$3km$>, wrote:
    >>
    >>> Sorry i think i have just yawned myself into another coma ...

    >> How can anyone tell?

    > His dick slipped out of his hand

    When you two cola dipshit's actually come up with anything new, and your
    not just flapping your foreskins by all means feel free to wake me up....
    Otherwise your induced coma awaits me .

    Biggles...........

    , Apr 24, 2008