Re: New Laptop

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by ~misfit~, Oct 23, 2008.

  1. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs "Allistar" typed:
    > {-.-} wrote:
    >
    >> My toshiba is about 3 yrs old now and
    >> I'm thinking of buying a new laptop. I want
    >> a different brand this time and my budget
    >> is $2000 tops. Do you have any suggestions ?
    >> My creterias are:
    >>
    >> - reasonable sized HD no less than 200G.
    >> - 2Gb RAM at least
    >> - more than 15" wide screen
    >> - Pentium Duo 2.4G speed or more
    >> - batteries that lasts (my toshiba was only good for an hour and a
    >> half)
    >> - must be quiet
    >>
    >> Mostly for programming, i.e. VS/Delphi
    >> and watching movies/tv series.
    >> I'm not into games so I don't need
    >> a high end video.

    > You going to sell your old laptop? If it's in working condition I'll
    > give you $50 for it :).

    [snip]

    I'll give you $100 if it's all good. :)
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Oct 23, 2008

  2. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs "Allistar" typed:
    > ~misfit~ wrote:
    >
    >> Somewhere on teh intarwebs "Allistar" typed:

    >>> You going to sell your old laptop? If it's in working condition I'll
    >>> give you $50 for it :).

    >> [snip]
    >>
    >> I'll give you $100 if it's all good. :)

    > $101? :). I set myself a budget of $200 for one I just bought (off
    > graysonline), but soon realised that my expectations were quite low.
    > Had to increase the price by $50. I would have bought a digital phot
    > frame from a retailer, but they are tiny (9") - the bigger ones I
    > considered to be a rip off ($500 for 15") when I could build one for
    > much less and have a good time doing it).

    $102. <g>
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Oct 24, 2008

  3. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs "Allistar" typed:
    > ~misfit~ wrote:
    >
    >> Somewhere on teh intarwebs "Allistar" typed:

    >>> $101? :). I set myself a budget of $200 for one I just bought (off
    >>> graysonline), but soon realised that my expectations were quite low.
    >>> Had to increase the price by $50. I would have bought a digital phot
    >>> frame from a retailer, but they are tiny (9") - the bigger ones I
    >>> considered to be a rip off ($500 for 15") when I could build one for
    >>> much less and have a good time doing it).

    >> $102. <g>

    > That's above my official spousal unit approved budget, you win.

    Wohoo!

    Now I just need to wait to hear from "{-.-}". <g>
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Oct 24, 2008