Re: New Horizons

  1. Pedro Simoes

    Pedro Simoes Guest

    I took a course with them 2 or 3 years ago in Wisconsin. The instructor
    was
    good, typical MS course that flowed like the rest. However, they were
    closing their facility that week so it wasn't a great experience (noisy,
    items kept leaving each day, etc). There were just two of us in the
    class,
    and the other guy was a former real estate agent looking to change
    careers -
    so no real knowledge of what we were doing. I recommend buying VMWare
    Workstation, a powerful pc or laptop, and the MS Press books, then
    taking
    one or two classes in areas you could use the extra classroom attention
    in.
    As for problems getting your foot in the door, it may be an experience
    issue. What kind of job are you looking for and what experience do you
    have? One thing that impressed my current employer was my side work
    rebuilding computers or helping people out with simple stuff. These
    were
    mostly grandparents or other non-tech literate folks, and my boss was
    impressed that I could work with a variety of users. I don't know what
    the
    job prospects in CO are, but don't get discouraged. Consider even temp
    work
    to help learn new environments and get a variety of experience.

    Congratulations, you get my serious post of the week.

    --
    Famous last words "I wonder what this does..."

    "Jed Baxter" <Jed > wrote in message
    > I am getting ready to start the MCSE program at a New Horizons

    location in
    > CO. I was wondering if anyone had expreience wth this training center.

    They
    > are Microsoft gold partners and seem to have a good program.
    >
    > Also I have my BS in informations systems but cannot seem to get my

    foot
    in
    > the door. I am hoping that the MCSE and a few other certs will help

    with

    Pedro Simoes, Nov 24, 2005