Re: New harddisks don't boot when old harddisks are disconnected.

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Skybuck Flying, Sep 22, 2011.

  1. (9. Hope you actually have a CD/DVD and not some ISO on some harddisk
    somewhere otherwise you be screwed ;) :) or burn it first ;) :))
    (10. Hope you made the CD/DVD yourself and not somebody else who screwed it
    up ;) :)

    What the story does not tell is what happens if the new harddisk is
    "repaired".

    What happens to the boot program on both drives ?

    Apperently a new boot program will be installed on the new drive ?!?

    My questions are:

    1. Does this cause conflicts ?

    2. What happens if I put back the old drives ?

    3. Also which boot program will be used when old drives are plugged back
    into it ? and I make changes to the boot program, like boot into vhd ?
    Hmm...

    4. At the very least I would expect all drives to be accessible from Windows
    itself, but without having tested it I have learned to assume "default is
    failure never success".

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck Flying, Sep 22, 2011