    What a shame I don't live in CHCH or Wgtn.

    From their website:
    Paradise High Speed Starter*

    * $59.95 per month + $17 per month for your Cable Modem rental
    * 256kbps downstream / 128kbps upstream
    * 10GB of international monthly traffic
    * 20c per additional international MB
    * 2c per additional national MB
    * up to 6 email addresses
    * access to paradise.net's helpdesk support, 24 hours, 7 days a
    week
    Roger Ramjet, Aug 23, 2003

  2. Roger Ramjet

    MarkH Guest

    (Roger Ramjet) wrote in
    news::

    > How can the comparatively impoverished TelstraClear do 256k with a
    > 10gb cap and 2c mb for $59.95 (no additional ISP charge) in Wellington
    > and Christchurch? .
    >
    > What a shame I don't live in CHCH or Wgtn.
    >
    > From their website:
    > Paradise High Speed Starter*
    >
    > * $59.95 per month + $17 per month for your Cable Modem rental
    > * 256kbps downstream / 128kbps upstream
    > * 10GB of international monthly traffic
    > * 20c per additional international MB
    > * 2c per additional national MB
    > * up to 6 email addresses
    > * access to paradise.net's helpdesk support, 24 hours, 7 days a
    > week

    And me here in Mt Wellington, with contractors busily laying Telstra Clear
    cable along the road that I live on.

    Bring on the competition!

    --
    Mark Heyes (New Zealand)
    understand binary and those that don't"
    MarkH, Aug 23, 2003

  3. Roger Ramjet

    Jay Guest

    Roger Ramjet wrote:

    > How can the comparatively impoverished TelstraClear do 256k with a
    > 10gb cap and 2c mb for $59.95 (no additional ISP charge) in Wellington
    > and Christchurch? .

    Because Telstra has a market cap approaching NZs GDP.

    > What a shame I don't live in CHCH or Wgtn.
    >
    > From their website:
    > Paradise High Speed Starter*
    >
    > * $59.95 per month + $17 per month for your Cable Modem rental
    > * 256kbps downstream / 128kbps upstream
    > * 10GB of international monthly traffic
    > * 20c per additional international MB
    > * 2c per additional national MB
    > * up to 6 email addresses
    > * access to paradise.net's helpdesk support, 24 hours, 7 days a
    > week

    Yeah, but what about the broadband offering.
    You couldn't possible call 256k broadband.
    Jay, Aug 23, 2003