Re: New Animial House DVD outrage!!!!

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Black Locust, Sep 1, 2003.

  1. Black Locust

    Black Locust Guest

    In article <>,
    (Geo H) wrote:

    > Yes but at least with VHS, you were allowed to FF beyond it - If they
    > truly have set it up that it cant be skiped through, THAT is an
    > affront. People who legitimately pay for a product should not be
    > FORCED to have to endure advertising - its that sort of behaviour by
    > commercialization that provoke people like me to take my purchase, and
    > re-author it without the commercials.

    But the FF speeds on your average VCR were about equal to that of an 80
    year old blind nun driving a Pinto down a rocky dirt road. I remember
    having to FF for nearly 10 minutes on some tapes. I hardly call that
    convenient and user friendly. Not to mention most DVD's do not have
    previews stuck on them - while *all* POS VHS tapes did and still do.
    Maybe one out of thirty DVD's has previews on them. You would also have
    to sit there and carefully monitor the VCR while it FF'd through the
    trailers and shit. I can't remember how many times I hit the FF button
    on the VCR and then went to use the can only to come back to find it had
    fast forwarded five minutes into the movie. At least most DVD's go
    straight to the main menu after the previews.

    > Do you read them? or do you frantically push buttons on
    > your remote to get past them?

    I grab a bite to eat. By the time I get back the DVD is usually on the
    main menu. Now this is not to say I support or condone previews in any
    way. This is just the way I've learned to deal with them.
    --
    BL
    Black Locust, Sep 1, 2003