Re: Network Traffic monitor

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Mark C, May 14, 2008.

  1. Mark C

    Mark C Guest

    Crash <> wrote in
    news::

    > I have a 3-PC network and would like to monitor as accurately as
    > possible how much traffic each PC receives and sends (on a daily
    > basis). I am expecting to have to run a monitor on each PC. Any
    > recommended freeware out there?

    NetLimiter Monitor
    http://www.netlimiter.com/download.php
    Mark C, May 14, 2008

  2. Mark C

    Malcolm Guest

    On 14 May 2008 12:08:07 GMT
    Mark C <> wrote:

    > Crash <> wrote in
    >
    > > I have a 3-PC network and would like to monitor as accurately as
    > > possible how much traffic each PC receives and sends (on a daily
    > > basis). I am expecting to have to run a monitor on each PC. Any
    > > recommended freeware out there?

    > NetLimiter Monitor
    > http://www.netlimiter.com/download.php

    Hi
    You could look at running snmp (part of windows, just needs to be
    installed) on the boxes, it also runs as a service. Then an snmpget on
    the OIDs for the ethernet interfaces.

    --
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° (Linux Counter #276890)
    SLED 10.0 SP1 x86_64 Kernel 2.6.16.54-0.2.5-smp
    Malcolm, May 14, 2008

  3. Mark C

    Sam Guest

    Crash wrote:

    > Netlimiter provides the stats reporting I wanted - although I had been
    > hoping for an option to set a reporting period that corresponds to my
    > ISP billing month.....

    Netmeter

    http://tinyurl.com/6hquz7
    Sam, May 15, 2008