Re: Network router not showing up in Device Manager

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Dec 13, 2008.

  1. Hi
    In general, Routers do not appear in the device manager since they are not a
    computer ad-on but an independent device.
    In Vista the Router may appear in the Network Diagram (it is Not the Device
    Manager). Routers do not use drivers either.
    The WG111v2 is a client Wireless Card, and as a client card that works
    directly on the computer it does need Drivers.
    The companies that sell Wireless Cards do not manufacture them from the
    ground up. They buy OEM parts and package them together in their own
    designed plastic encasement.
    The names that appear in the Device manger many time represent the Chipset
    original manufacturer rater than the Brand that you bought from.
    The Atheros xxx is probably the WG111v2. Atheros is a known manufacturer of
    Wireless Cars' chipsets.
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Dec 13, 2008