    Apologies if this has been mentioned already.

    Take care,

    Ben

    Benjamin, May 1, 2006

  2. Benjamin

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Benjamin" <> wrote in
    message
    news:44561e4c$0$1356$
    > Open firmware for the TA612V is now available through the
    > sipgate website. Go to http://www.sipgate.co.uk/netgear,
    > login and then chose open Firmware from the list on the
    > right.
    >
    > Apologies if this has been mentioned already.
    >
    > Take care,
    >
    > Ben

    Be aware though that the website states that doing this will terminate any
    product support for your TA612V from Sipgate, assuming you bought it from
    them.

    Ben, have you done this yet..? I'd be interested to know how you got on
    with it if you have, as I know a couple of people with this unit who are
    interested, but don't want to take the plunge so to speak until they've
    heard from someone who's done it (successfully..!)

    Also, does the upgrade erase your existing Sipgate configuration data..?

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, May 2, 2006

  3. Benjamin

    Benjamin Guest

    Ivor Jones wrote:
    > Ben, have you done this yet..?

    Not yet, but I will be when I return home...

    > I'd be interested to know how you got on with it if you have, as I know
    > a couple of people with this unit who are interested, but don't want to
    > take the plunge so to speak until they've heard from someone who's done
    > it (successfully..!)

    I rather suspect that it is essentially the same firmware, but with the
    VoIP menus unlocked.

    > Also, does the upgrade erase your existing Sipgate configuration data..?

    I understand that it does... but it's easy enough to enter by hand!

    I'll keep you updated once I get round to it - I'm hoping that it might
    provide an answer to my DTMF from the PSTN problem!

    Take care,

    Ben

    Benjamin, May 2, 2006