    recent days. It's now taking 2-3 days for them to RECEIVE dvds and
    another 1-3 days to ship them out to me. It used to be 1 day receipt,
    1 day ship. i'm thinking about dropping out.
    Evil, Sep 8, 2003

  2. Evil

    Biird Phd Guest

    On 7 Sep 2003 19:41:30 -0700, (Evil) wrote:

    >I'm in Phoenix and their service to me has REALLY slowed down in
    >recent days. It's now taking 2-3 days for them to RECEIVE dvds and
    >another 1-3 days to ship them out to me. It used to be 1 day receipt,
    >1 day ship. i'm thinking about dropping out.

    Is this supposed to be the big news item of the day?

    Are we supposed to care now or can it wait awhile?

    Prof. Speedbyrd :>
    Biird Phd, Sep 8, 2003

  3. Evil

    Smaug69 Guest

    (Evil) wrote in message news:<>...
    > I'm in Phoenix and their service to me has REALLY slowed down in
    > recent days. It's now taking 2-3 days for them to RECEIVE dvds and
    > another 1-3 days to ship them out to me. It used to be 1 day receipt,
    > 1 day ship. i'm thinking about dropping out.

    You're kidding, right? I've had the service on and off for almost 5
    years and it's always been about a 7-day turnaround from when I send
    the DVDs back to them and I get the next ones in my queue in the mail.
    Just how fast do you think the US Postal Service is anyway? If you got
    them in a 2-3 day turnaround then you must actually live in the same
    city as the distribution center. The closest center to me, last time I
    checked, was nearly 7 hours by car.

    Smaug69
    Smaug69, Sep 8, 2003
  4. Evil

    David Guest

    On 8 Sep 2003 11:03:21 -0700, (Smaug69) wrote:

    > (Evil) wrote in message news:<>...
    >> I'm in Phoenix and their service to me has REALLY slowed down in
    >> recent days. It's now taking 2-3 days for them to RECEIVE dvds and
    >> another 1-3 days to ship them out to me. It used to be 1 day receipt,
    >> 1 day ship. i'm thinking about dropping out.

    >You're kidding, right? I've had the service on and off for almost 5
    >years and it's always been about a 7-day turnaround

    I live in Phoenix too and just subscribed about a month ago. When I
    mail a disc they get it the next day. The day after that I have my
    new one. Quite impressive if they keep it up.
    David, Sep 9, 2003
  5. Evil

    Smaug69 Guest

    David <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > On 8 Sep 2003 11:03:21 -0700, (Smaug69) wrote:
    >
    > > (Evil) wrote in message news:<>...
    > >> I'm in Phoenix and their service to me has REALLY slowed down in
    > >> recent days. It's now taking 2-3 days for them to RECEIVE dvds and
    > >> another 1-3 days to ship them out to me. It used to be 1 day receipt,
    > >> 1 day ship. i'm thinking about dropping out.

    > >You're kidding, right? I've had the service on and off for almost 5
    > >years and it's always been about a 7-day turnaround

    > I live in Phoenix too and just subscribed about a month ago. When I
    > mail a disc they get it the next day. The day after that I have my
    > new one. Quite impressive if they keep it up.

    See, that is so cool. I have never had that kind of service from them
    in the nearly 5 years I've had a subscription and yet I've never been
    disappointed with the service I have received. In any given month, I
    usually get about 8-12 DVDs in. Since I'm only paying $14 that's a
    damn good deal.

    In the hundreds of DVDs I have rented I have only had to return two
    that would not play, only one DVD was lost in the mail on the way to
    me, and all of the ones I returned made it back to them.

    Smaug69
    Smaug69, Sep 9, 2003
  6. Evil

    Oldguy Guest

    receipt,

    > > >You're kidding, right? I've had the service on and off for almost 5
    > > >years and it's always been about a 7-day turnaround

    > > I live in Phoenix too and just subscribed about a month ago. When I
    > > mail a disc they get it the next day. The day after that I have my
    > > new one. Quite impressive if they keep it up.

    > See, that is so cool. I have never had that kind of service from them
    > in the nearly 5 years I've had a subscription and yet I've never been
    > disappointed with the service I have received. In any given month, I
    > usually get about 8-12 DVDs in. Since I'm only paying $14 that's a
    > damn good deal.
    >
    > In the hundreds of DVDs I have rented I have only had to return two
    > that would not play, only one DVD was lost in the mail on the way to
    > me, and all of the ones I returned made it back to them.
    >
    > Smaug69

    The turnaround stinks for Columbus, Ohio. I usually receive a DVD they mail
    out in 2 days. I mail them back, takes them a week to get them back and scan
    them in.
    Oldguy, Sep 9, 2003
  7. Evil

    Evil Guest

    (Smaug69) wrote in message news:<>...
    > (Evil) wrote in message news:<>...
    > > I'm in Phoenix and their service to me has REALLY slowed down in
    > > recent days. It's now taking 2-3 days for them to RECEIVE dvds and
    > > another 1-3 days to ship them out to me. It used to be 1 day receipt,
    > > 1 day ship. i'm thinking about dropping out.

    > You're kidding, right? I've had the service on and off for almost 5
    > years and it's always been about a 7-day turnaround from when I send
    > the DVDs back to them and I get the next ones in my queue in the mail.
    > Just how fast do you think the US Postal Service is anyway? If you got
    > them in a 2-3 day turnaround then you must actually live in the same
    > city as the distribution center. The closest center to me, last time I
    > checked, was nearly 7 hours by car.
    >
    > Smaug69

    We have a distro in Phoenix. They HAVE been excellent, but for me, it
    has slowed down substantially. Yes, 7 day turnaround isn't that bad,
    but it is extremely noticeable when it used to be a 2-3 day turnaroudn
    just a couple of months ago.

    i recall reading an expose' about the priority the software gives new
    users v. high renters. I think i might try quitting and re-upping and
    seeing if that changes my level of service.
    Evil, Sep 9, 2003