Re: NETFLIX branded rental DVDs?

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by makcda, Sep 6, 2003.

  1. makcda

    makcda Guest

    This is just a guess, but maybe this is a way for the studios to start
    charging higher fees for "rental only" DVD's to rental companies, sort
    of like they did for VHS. For instance, they can license "rental
    only" copies and charge $100 per copy and have "for sale only" copies
    for $20 per copy.

    makcda, Sep 6, 2003

  2. makcda

    Jeeters Guest

    That would go against the known deals Netflix has with several studios where
    these studios are giving titles to Netflix for *less* than usual cost, if
    not even free (and Netflix is giving them a small kickback everytime the
    title is rented). imho, the branding is just a theft&resale deterrent.

    Jeeters, Sep 7, 2003