Re: netbook repair

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by baron, Oct 22, 2009.

  1. baron

    baron Guest

    DJH Inscribed thus:

    > I slopped half a cup of coffee (with sugar) over my Advent 4489. It
    > didn't all go directly over it but it splashed it. I dried it out and
    > the processor etc works ok but most of the keys on the keyboard aren't
    > working. It's only 6 months old but of course I can't find the receipt
    > etc for it now :-(. What's the likelihood of it being repaired at a
    > reasonable cost (i.e. under 100 quid - I'm in the UK) or is it scrap?

    PC world may condescend to supply you with a new keyboard ! Its more
    likely that they will either want an arm and both legs to repair it for
    you. You may be better off finding out who the real manufacturer is
    and buying a spare that way. They are quite straight forward to
    replace.

    --
    Best Regards:
    Baron.