Re: .NET Applications Services

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Patrick, May 16, 2005.

  1. Patrick

    Patrick Guest

    Patrick, May 16, 2005

  2. Patrick

    Patrick Guest

    was a stupid question?

    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/evaluation/features/compareeditions.mspx
    > that .NET Application Services are "not supported" in the x64 versions of
    > w2k3 server.
    >
    > Does anyone know exactly what "not supported" means in this instance"
    > i.e. not installed by default - not there at all - your third party

    software

    Patrick, May 17, 2005

  3. Patrick

    Rick Guest

    Only the Shadow knows!

    Rick, May 17, 2005
  4. Patrick

    Patrick Guest

    you got his e-mail address? lol

    Patrick, May 17, 2005
  5. Patrick

    Kevin Lowe Guest

    if the .net framework is still 32 bit, it probably can't interface with the
    64-bit version of IIS, as I'm pretty sure 64-bit processes can't make calls
    to 32-bit DLLs. You'll have to wait until .net 2.0 comes out later this
    year.

    (Someone correct me if I'm wrong - I'm an ASP.Net developer, not a server
    admin.)
    Kevin Lowe, May 17, 2005
  6. Patrick

    Patrick Guest

    Thanks Ken;

    I guess my real question should be - I am running an app that
    requires that .asp be installed / enabled on 2k3 x86 -
    will I be able to run the same app on x64 if there is "no support"?

    Patrick, May 17, 2005
  7. ..NET Framework Version 2.0 Redistributable Package Beta 2 IA64 (64 Bit)
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...64-6CD5-4BC7-AAC9-A3B31254983D&displaylang=en

    ..NET Framework Version 2.0 Redistributable Package Beta 2 x64 (64 Bit)
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...CF-5D5C-4981-B27B-8AE747A7EA98&displaylang=en

    David A. Spicer, May 17, 2005
  8. David A. Spicer <> wrote:
    > .NET Framework Version 2.0 Redistributable Package Beta 2 IA64 (64
    > Bit)
    > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...64-6CD5-4BC7-AAC9-A3B31254983D&displaylang=en
    >
    > .NET Framework Version 2.0 Redistributable Package Beta 2 x64 (64 Bit)
    > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...CF-5D5C-4981-B27B-8AE747A7EA98&displaylang=en

    I'm using it, but when a appli needs NET 1.1, nothing to do to get it
    working with net 2. So, I have both on my pc

    Cheers

    --
    Christian Hougardy (MS XP MVP)
    Johannesburg - South Africa
    Christian Hougardy \(MS MVP XP\), May 17, 2005
  9. Patrick

    Dennis Guest

    I agree, I have a program that required .NET so I installed the BETA V2 and
    it would not run, so I installed the 1.1 version and it ran fine.
    Dennis
    "Christian Hougardy (MS MVP XP)" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    Dennis, May 17, 2005