Re: Nero - Writing to cache frustration

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by John Tsalikes, Aug 9, 2003.

  1. Could be a buncha things:

    Too many programs in the startup tray......
    Bad memory.......
    IRQ conflict with another device........
    Writing/caching to a harddrive that is on the same ide channel as the DVDR
    burner.......
    cheap media..........
    Ghost drives still in the system can wreak havoc as well........

    "Andy K" <> wrote in message
    > I have Nero Burning ROM Enterprise edition version 5.5.10.35 and a Pioneer
    > DVR-105 DVD writer.
    >
    > When copying data DVD's I add the files from the file browser to the
    > ISO1_DVD compilation window, and select 'write cd' to write the DVD-R.
    >
    > Then it used to say:
    >
    > Caching of files started
    > Caching of files finished
    > Burn process started...
    >
    > This all used to be done in the space of about a second. The DVD would

    then
    > be written with no problems.
    >
    > However now, for seemingly no reason whatsoever, the caching of files

    takes
    > about 10 minutes, during which the percentage on the 'Write CD' Nero

    dialog
    > window increases and it says 'Writing to cache'. After which the DVD is
    > written as normal.
    >
    > I do no understand why this has suddenly started to occur. There is

    enough
    > space on my hard drive and surely the cache writing should have already

    been

    John Tsalikes, Aug 9, 2003

  2. John Tsalikes

    Gordon Abbot Guest

    John Tsalikes wrote:
    > Could be a buncha things:
    >
    > Too many programs in the startup tray......
    > Bad memory.......
    > IRQ conflict with another device........
    > Writing/caching to a harddrive that is on the same ide channel as the DVDR
    > burner.......
    > cheap media..........
    > Ghost drives still in the system can wreak havoc as well........
    >

    > "Andy K" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>I have Nero Burning ROM Enterprise edition version 5.5.10.35 and a Pioneer
    >>DVR-105 DVD writer.
    >>
    >>When copying data DVD's I add the files from the file browser to the
    >>ISO1_DVD compilation window, and select 'write cd' to write the DVD-R.
    >>
    >>Then it used to say:
    >>
    >>Caching of files started
    >>Caching of files finished
    >>Burn process started...
    >>
    >>This all used to be done in the space of about a second. The DVD would

    > then
    >
    >>be written with no problems.
    >>
    >>However now, for seemingly no reason whatsoever, the caching of files

    > takes
    >
    >>about 10 minutes, during which the percentage on the 'Write CD' Nero

    > dialog
    >
    >>window increases and it says 'Writing to cache'. After which the DVD is
    >>written as normal.
    >>
    >>I do no understand why this has suddenly started to occur. There is

    > enough
    >
    >>space on my hard drive and surely the cache writing should have already

    > been
    >
    >>completed when the files from the DVD to be copied, were dragged over and
    >>dropped into the 'to be written' (or ISO1_DVD) window in Nero.
    >>
    >>It isn't a great issue, but it does mean the my DVD's are taking about
    >>double the time they used to take to write in total. I have checked the
    >>preference settings in Nero and everything seems above board. I have also
    >>uninstalled Nero, run a registry cleaner and reinstalled it, with no
    >>success, it still takes the extra time when it is 'writing to cache'.
    >>
    >>Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
    >>
    >>Andy

    Add defrag to the list

    GA

    --
    My address is spoofed, so do not reply directly.
    Gordon Abbot, Aug 9, 2003

  3. John Tsalikes

    DarkMatter Guest

    On Sat, 09 Aug 2003 07:40:52 -0400, Gordon Abbot <> Gave
    us:

    >Add defrag to the list

    Add leave the queries the **** out of groups where they do not
    belong! Fucking copy retards.
    DarkMatter, Aug 9, 2003
  4. "DarkMatter" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 09 Aug 2003 07:40:52 -0400, Gordon Abbot <> Gave
    > us:
    >

    > >Add defrag to the list

    > Add leave the queries the **** out of groups where they do not
    > belong! Fucking copy retards.