Re: Nero 9 for free.

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Max Burke, Jul 31, 2009.

  1. Max Burke

    Max Burke Guest

    Woger wrote:

    > A basic version
    >
    > Nero 9 - Free version
    > What’s better than free? Free forever! Nero offers you the chance to enjoy
    > Nero's world-renowned data disc burning and copying features for an unlimited
    > time, absolutely FREE!
    >
    > Enjoy basic data burning and copying capabilities for your CDs and DVDs from
    > the world’s most trusted digital media brand, Nero.
    >

    > http://www.nero.com/rus/downloads-nero9-free.php

    Just the basic edition with all the extras stripped out of it.

    > Change the Country to Australia..

    Why?

    Downloads fine here. (got my copy)
    http://www.nero.com/eng/downloads-nero9-free.php

    No need to say what country you're from.
    In fact there is nowhere to enter your country.

    All it asks for is a valid email address to sign you up for their
    newsletter. Dont want the news letter? just delete the 'confirm your
    subscription' email when it arrives in your inbox.

    No newsletter.

    Found Images

    Max Burke, Jul 31, 2009

  2. Max Burke

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs Max Burke wrote:
    > Woger wrote:
    >>
    >> A basic version
    >>
    >> Nero 9 - Free version
    >> What’s better than free? Free forever! Nero offers you the chance to
    >> enjoy Nero's world-renowned data disc burning and copying features
    >> for an unlimited time, absolutely FREE!
    >>
    >> Enjoy basic data burning and copying capabilities for your CDs and
    >> DVDs from the world’s most trusted digital media brand, Nero.
    >>

    >> http://www.nero.com/rus/downloads-nero9-free.php

    > Just the basic edition with all the extras stripped out of it.
    >
    >> Change the Country to Australia..

    > Why?
    >
    > Downloads fine here. (got my copy)
    > http://www.nero.com/eng/downloads-nero9-free.php
    >
    > No need to say what country you're from.
    > In fact there is nowhere to enter your country.
    >
    > All it asks for is a valid email address to sign you up for their
    > newsletter. Dont want the news letter? just delete the 'confirm your
    > subscription' email when it arrives in your inbox.
    >
    > No newsletter.

    Hi Max.

    I'm not installing this for now (Nero 6 working fine, never burnt a coaster
    yet) but grabbed it thanks. Do you know, does it need registering? Is it a
    'limited time' thing or can I just save the install file until and if I
    decide to use it? I don't want to uninstall the perfectly fine ver. 6 to
    find out if someone who has installed it already can tell me.

    Cheers,
    --
    Shaun.

    "Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll
    be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchet, 'Jingo'.

    ~misfit~, Aug 1, 2009

  3. Max Burke

    Max Burke Guest

    ~misfit~ wrote:
    > Somewhere on teh intarwebs Max Burke wrote:

    > Hi Max.
    > I'm not installing this for now

    Ditto.

    > (Nero 6 working fine,

    Nero 7 for me, came with the dvd drives.

    > never burnt a coaster
    > yet) but grabbed it thanks. Do you know, does it need registering?

    Dont know, but I dont think so.

    > Is it a
    > 'limited time' thing or can I just save the install file until and if I
    > decide to use it? I don't want to uninstall the perfectly fine ver. 6 to
    > find out if someone who has installed it already can tell me.

    The only limitation appears to be the extras stripped out/disabled.

    Found Images

    Max Burke, Aug 1, 2009
  4. Max Burke

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs Max Burke wrote:
    > ~misfit~ wrote:
    >> Somewhere on teh intarwebs Max Burke wrote:

    >> Hi Max.
    >> I'm not installing this for now

    > Ditto.
    >
    >> (Nero 6 working fine,

    > Nero 7 for me, came with the dvd drives.
    >
    >> never burnt a coaster
    >> yet) but grabbed it thanks. Do you know, does it need registering?

    > Dont know, but I dont think so.
    >
    >> Is it a
    >> 'limited time' thing or can I just save the install file until and
    >> if I decide to use it? I don't want to uninstall the perfectly fine
    >> ver. 6 to find out if someone who has installed it already can tell
    >> me.

    > The only limitation appears to be the extras stripped out/disabled.

    Cool, thanks Max.

    I don't need no steenking "extras". All I need is a basic burning proggy. I
    got Nero 6 with a drive, have migrated it from one machine to another as I
    update and all I ever install of the 'suite' is Nero burning ROM. Don't need
    no media player etc., just want to burn stuff to DVD/CD.

    Cheers,
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Aug 2, 2009