Re: Nero 6

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by PeeCee, Nov 24, 2009.

  1. PeeCee

    PeeCee Guest

    PeeCee, Nov 24, 2009

  2. PeeCee

    VanguardLH Guest

    PeeCee wrote:

    > JonC wrote ...
    >
    >> Will I be able to use my version of Nero 6 when I change to Windows7???

    > Try Nero 9 Lite (free) http://www.nero.com/eng/downloads-nero9-free.php

    Be warned that Nero v9 Lite is spyware. During its installation, you must
    select to perform a Custom install to deselect the inclusion of Ask
    crapware. However, although you deselected all the Ask components, their
    install will still forcibly install the Ask Toolbar. You will have to
    perform an uninstall of the Ask Toolbar (which will called the Nero Toolbar)
    to eliminate it after you have completed the installation of Nero v9 Lite.

    There is no access to the Nero Express program (the program file isn't
    available) to eliminate the menuing wizard of Nero StartSmart. That is, you
    cannot directly start their CD burner software. When you start StartSmart,
    you are prompted to register the software. There is a choice to remind you
    later but no choice not to bother ever registering it. When you downloaded
    the program, they wanted your e-mail address. When you run their program,
    they again want your e-mail address. Unless you register, the reminder
    screen appears every time you run StartSmart. If their registration fails
    (it did so every time in my trial of their product within a virtual machine
    which has a working network connection since that was how I got their
    download file), you will get stuck always having to select Remind Me Later.

    If you are not interested in getting their spam within the "news" banner at
    the bottom of their window, you will need to go into the option to disable
    their RSS feed "feature". That results in a *blank* newsfeed area in their
    adware banner rather than removing it. Their control menu consists of a
    toolbox entry (to some utilities) and an entry to run their upgrade program
    (to their payware version). The installation includes their
    NeroOnlineUpgrade.exe program to get you to buy their commercial version.
    This is definitely lureware, especially since you cannot get their adware
    banner off their window's display.

    VanguardLH, Nov 25, 2009