Re: Need xp sp2 or sp3 for 64 bit.

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by PA Bear [MS MVP], Jul 1, 2009.

  1. [Forwarded to Windows 64-bit General newsgroup via crosspost.]

    Not exactly sure what you're looking for but...

    Information about Service Pack 2 for Windows Vista and for Windows Server
    2008:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948465

    Service Pack 2 for Windows XP Professional, x64 Edition
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...FamilyID=893fd6c0-6283-44c3-bb84-b2f0315b2ae6

    ^^^ the above link's unreachable for me right now ("We are sorry, the page
    you requested cannot be found")/YMMV ^^^^
    --
    ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

    PA Bear [MS MVP], Jul 1, 2009

  2. PA Bear [MS MVP]

    Carlos Guest

    SP2 for XP x64 direct download link:

    http://download.microsoft.com/downl...Server2003.WindowsXP-KB914961-SP2-x64-ENU.exe

    And this is the corresponding kb article:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/914961/en-us

    Carlos

    Carlos, Jul 1, 2009

  3. That link's working now, for me:

    PA Bear [MS MVP], Jul 1, 2009
  4. PA Bear [MS MVP]

    Tim Meddick Guest

    Robear,
    Does the OP really want SP2 (64-bit) for Server 2003 or 2008
    do you think ???

    ==

    Cheers, Tim Meddick, Peckham, London. :)

    "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <> wrote in message
    > That link's working now, for me:
    > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...FamilyID=893fd6c0-6283-44c3-bb84-b2f0315b2ae6
    >
    > PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
    >> [Forwarded to Windows 64-bit General newsgroup via crosspost.]
    >>
    >> Not exactly sure what you're looking for but...
    >>
    >> Information about Service Pack 2 for Windows Vista and for Windows
    >> Server
    >> 2008:
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948465
    >>
    >> Service Pack 2 for Windows XP Professional, x64 Edition
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...FamilyID=893fd6c0-6283-44c3-bb84-b2f0315b2ae6
    >>
    >> ^^^ the above link's unreachable for me right now ("We are sorry, the
    >> page
    >> you requested cannot be found")/YMMV ^^^^
    >>
    >> Mehbs wrote:
    >>> I have 64 bit windows 2008 server.
    >>> I am using Hyper V and have created a virtual pc with xp on it. But
    >>> now
    >>> it
    >>> is useless without installing sp2 or sp3 of 64 bit.
    >>>
    >>> I would appreciate if you kindly provide me a link where I can find
    >>> the
    >>> sp3
    >>> for windows 2008.

    Tim Meddick, Jul 1, 2009