Re: Need WIN 95 floppy disk #4

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by AG, Jul 15, 2004.

  1. AG

    AG Guest

    "luna" <> wrote in message
    news:5VjJc.2849$...
    > where can i dnld and tranfer on to my floppy disk . The original got bent

    > thanks all

    Get the CD of that version of Win95 and copy Cab #4 to a floppy. I think
    you'll have to reformat the disk to 2.44 megs or whatever that weird size is
    that the floppies are in. There used to be some freeware utilities to do
    it. I haven't had to do it for years though and I've slept since then.

    AG
    AG, Jul 15, 2004

  2. On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 10:59:45 -0500, "AG" <> wrote:

    >"luna" <> wrote in message
    >> where can i dnld and tranfer on to my floppy disk . The original got bent

    >..
    >>
    >> thanks all
    >>

    >Get the CD of that version of Win95 and copy Cab #4 to a floppy. I think
    >you'll have to reformat the disk to 2.44 megs or whatever that weird size is
    >that the floppies are in.

    You're right about the weird size, but it was 1.7, I think.

    There was a diskette format utility out years ago that could get 2M
    out of a HD floppy. It was from Europe, and was "cardware (the guy
    collected post cards. Does anyone remember it, and what it was called?
    2M, 2F, something like that.

    Tom

    Tom MacIntyre, Jul 15, 2004

  3. AG

    AG Guest

    "Tom MacIntyre" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 10:59:45 -0500, "AG" <> wrote:
    >

    > >"luna" <> wrote in message
    > >> where can i dnld and tranfer on to my floppy disk . The original got

    bent
    > >..
    > >>
    > >> thanks all
    > >>

    > >Get the CD of that version of Win95 and copy Cab #4 to a floppy. I think
    > >you'll have to reformat the disk to 2.44 megs or whatever that weird size

    is
    > >that the floppies are in.

    > You're right about the weird size, but it was 1.7, I think.
    >
    > There was a diskette format utility out years ago that could get 2M
    > out of a HD floppy. It was from Europe, and was "cardware (the guy
    > collected post cards. Does anyone remember it, and what it was called?
    > 2M, 2F, something like that.
    >
    > Tom
    >
    > >There used to be some freeware utilities to do
    > >it. I haven't had to do it for years though and I've slept since then.
    > >
    > >AG

    This one is shareware but it will do it.
    Alkonost MaxFormat 3.0 from downloads.com at
    http://www.download.com/Alkonost-MaxFormat/3000-2248-10192834.html?tag=lst-0-9

    As if you didn't know watch the wrap.
    AG
    AG, Jul 15, 2004
  4. On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 16:31:09 -0500, "AG" <> wrote:

    >"Tom MacIntyre" <> wrote in message
    >> On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 10:59:45 -0500, "AG" <> wrote:
    >>

    >> >"luna" <> wrote in message

    >bent
    >> >..

    >> >Get the CD of that version of Win95 and copy Cab #4 to a floppy. I think
    >> >you'll have to reformat the disk to 2.44 megs or whatever that weird size

    >is
    >> >that the floppies are in.

    >> You're right about the weird size, but it was 1.7, I think.
    >>
    >> There was a diskette format utility out years ago that could get 2M
    >> out of a HD floppy. It was from Europe, and was "cardware (the guy
    >> collected post cards. Does anyone remember it, and what it was called?
    >> 2M, 2F, something like that.
    >>
    >> Tom
    >>
    >> >There used to be some freeware utilities to do
    >> >it. I haven't had to do it for years though and I've slept since then.
    >> >
    >> >AG

    >This one is shareware but it will do it.
    >Alkonost MaxFormat 3.0 from downloads.com at
    >http://www.download.com/Alkonost-MaxFormat/3000-2248-10192834.html?tag=lst-0-9
    >
    >As if you didn't know watch the wrap.
    >AG

    Thanks.