Re: Need to remove corrupt program from computer - Can't be uninstalled

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by slumpy, Aug 3, 2003.

  1. slumpy

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Jude continued:

    > Hi,
    >
    > A program on my computer has become corrupt, and as a result will not
    > function and also cannot be uninstalled (the uninstaller component is
    > missing). I have tried overinstalling the program but that does not
    > help either. Does anyone know if there is a way I can completely
    > remove the program (and this program only) from my computer?
    >
    > Thanks a lot,
    >
    > Jude

    Yeah, but it'll be 100% guesswork not knowing the name of the game.
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Aug 3, 2003

  2. slumpy

    Jude Guest

    The program is Real Player One. I attempted to install a third part addon,
    however now when I click on the player nothing will happen.

    Jude, Aug 3, 2003

  3. slumpy

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Jude continued:

    > The program is Real Player One. I attempted to install a third part
    > addon, however now when I click on the player nothing will happen.

    My views on RP cannot be typed, due to the explosive nature of my keyboard.
    I would delete all the realplayer folders, get jv16 powertools from
    www.jv16.org and remove all traces of it. Then get hypnotised so that you
    hate it as much as you should.
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Aug 3, 2003
  4. slumpy

    PhilGreg Guest

    "slumpy" <> wrote in message
    [snip]

    > My views on RP cannot be typed, due to the explosive nature of my

    keyboard.
    > I would delete all the realplayer folders, get jv16 powertools from
    > www.jv16.org and remove all traces of it. Then get hypnotised so

    that you
    > hate it as much as you should.

    ==> For some, hypnosis won't work. Labotamy is more in order<G>

    --
    Phil

    \\\///
    ( o o )
    --------oOOO-- ( )--OOOo------

    PhilGreg, Aug 4, 2003
  5. slumpy

    Richard Guest

    slumpy wrote:>>

    > threw back my head and roared with laughter as Jude continued:

    >> The program is Real Player One. I attempted to install a third part
    >> addon, however now when I click on the player nothing will happen.

    > My views on RP cannot be typed, due to the explosive nature of my
    > keyboard. I would delete all the realplayer folders, get jv16 powertools
    > from
    > www.jv16.org and remove all traces of it. Then get hypnotised so that you
    > hate it as much as you should.

    I use RP8 and have never had a problem.
    The trick is in setting it up, turn off ALL options they want you to have.
    That means everything that is checked, uncheck it.

    Richard, Aug 4, 2003
  6. slumpy

    anthonyberet Guest

    slumpy wrote:
    > I threw back my head and roared with laughter as Jude continued:
    >
    >> The program is Real Player One. I attempted to install a third part
    >> addon, however now when I click on the player nothing will happen.

    > My views on RP cannot be typed, due to the explosive nature of my
    > keyboard. I would delete all the realplayer folders, get jv16
    > powertools from www.jv16.org and remove all traces of it. Then get
    > hypnotised so that you hate it as much as you should.

    Hear hear.
    Have you tried real alternative 1.02?
    -I was searching for a link but just surfed of into distration for about an
    hour.
    I expect you can google for it yourself can't you anyway? ;-)
    -Its good -plays .ram and .ra files, without any shite on your pooter
    bounce.
    anthonyberet

    anthonyberet, Aug 4, 2003
  7. slumpy

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as anthonyberet continued:

    > slumpy wrote:
    >> "So, Mr Slumpy you *really* are the perpetual comedian, aren't you ?"
    >> I threw back my head and roared with laughter as Jude continued:
    >>
    >>> The program is Real Player One. I attempted to install a third part
    >>> addon, however now when I click on the player nothing will happen.

    >> My views on RP cannot be typed, due to the explosive nature of my
    >> keyboard. I would delete all the realplayer folders, get jv16
    >> powertools from www.jv16.org and remove all traces of it. Then get
    >> hypnotised so that you hate it as much as you should.

    > Hear hear.
    > Have you tried real alternative 1.02?
    > -I was searching for a link but just surfed of into distration for
    > about an hour.
    > I expect you can google for it yourself can't you anyway? ;-)
    > -Its good -plays .ram and .ra files, without any shite on your pooter

    I have a copy :)
    Along with just about every freeware player you could imagine ;-)
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Aug 4, 2003
  8. slumpy

    Bee Guest

    "PhilGreg" <> wrote in message
    > ==> For some, hypnosis won't work. Labotamy is more in order<G>
    >
    > Phil

    The newest technique is using very, very high electromagnetic pulses, not
    lobotomy (or lobectomy, if you are less pedantic). :eek:)

    --
    Bee
    [I have found my Shanghai-La, at the moment, in ntlworld.]

    Bee, Aug 5, 2003