Re: Need to remove corrupt program from computer - Can't be uninstalled

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by PaulM, Aug 3, 2003.

  1. PaulM

    PaulM Guest

    Name of program?

    --
    --------
    Paul

    PaulM, Aug 3, 2003

  2. >"Jude" <> wrote:

    >Real Player One.
    >I tried to use some sort of thirdparty addon, however now when I click on
    >the program, nothing will happen.

    I did the same thing yesterday with a realplayer 6 version that came
    with my computer. Used realalt, and it stopped functioning with an
    error message about pngu32-something.dll. Couldn't be deleted via
    add\remove. I tried installing two different 6 and 7 versions because
    I couldn't find the exact one I had, ended up with messages that a
    required plug would be available online and then, online, that the
    plug was no longer available but I could download their neato current
    version.

    Happy ending: A restore point brought me back to where I started
    (before trying realalt). Kind of surprising, because I thought the
    original version must be long gone.

    And, yes, I know about realplayer's reputation, but my son has sent me
    disks of several seasons of TV shows I can't receive, avi files
    downloaded online and of varying quality. Sometimes realplayer handles
    them best, or at all. This early version seems less invasive.

    Maureen Goldman, Aug 4, 2003