Re: need some help here

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by John McWilliams, Sep 23, 2006.

  1. Wes Groleau wrote:
    > John McWilliams wrote:
    >> fu set

    > A laudable attempt, but it only affects replies to YOUR post.

    Laudable? Thanks, but that raises it several notches higher than I would
    have rated it; possibly futile- oh, wait, quixotic comes to mind.

    Of course it applies to replies to my post. But if a thread is caught
    early, it can be beneficial in reducing volume. Raising awareness and
    all that. Or it could backfire.

    --
    john mcwilliams

    I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she left me before we met.
    [Stephen Wright]

    John McWilliams, Sep 23, 2006

  2. John McWilliams

    ASAAR Guest

    On Fri, 22 Sep 2006 21:32:28 -0700, John McWilliams wrote:

    >> A laudable attempt, but it only affects replies to YOUR post.

    > Laudable? Thanks, but that raises it several notches higher than I would
    > have rated it; possibly futile- oh, wait, quixotic comes to mind.

    Indeed yes. But it should be "Quixotic", remember? :)

    > Of course it applies to replies to my post. But if a thread is caught
    > early, it can be beneficial in reducing volume. Raising awareness and
    > all that. Or it could backfire.

    Tilt!

    ASAAR, Sep 23, 2006

  3. ASAAR wrote:
    > On Fri, 22 Sep 2006 21:32:28 -0700, John McWilliams wrote:
    >
    >>> A laudable attempt, but it only affects replies to YOUR post.

    >> Laudable? Thanks, but that raises it several notches higher than I would
    >> have rated it; possibly futile- oh, wait, quixotic comes to mind.

    > Indeed yes. But it should be "Quixotic", remember?

    Don't know whether the emoticon signifies a double, or triple ironic
    putsch. The adverb is quixotic. The character and the title of
    Cervantes' book is capitalized.

    But let's not go round and round on this!

    <s>

    --
    john mcwilliams

    John McWilliams, Sep 23, 2006
  4. John McWilliams

    ASAAR Guest

    On Fri, 22 Sep 2006 22:12:29 -0700, John McWilliams wrote:

    > The adverb is quixotic. The character and the title of
    > Cervantes' book is capitalized.
    >
    > But let's not go round and round on this!

    I'll have to take your advice, as I'm not long-winded enough to
    keep it going any longer. And it might be worse than futile if I
    could. For all we know it might start another revolution!

    ASAAR, Sep 23, 2006
  5. ASAAR wrote:
    > On Fri, 22 Sep 2006 22:12:29 -0700, John McWilliams wrote:
    >
    >> The adverb is quixotic. The character and the title of
    >> Cervantes' book is capitalized.
    >>
    >> But let's not go round and round on this!

    > I'll have to take your advice, as I'm not long-winded enough to
    > keep it going any longer. And it might be worse than futile if I
    > could. For all we know it might start another revolution!

    Thank you, [Tri-X] Pangloss; that leaves the best possible world.

    --
    john mcwilliams

    John McWilliams, Sep 23, 2006