Re: Need help with drivers

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by slumpy, Aug 27, 2003.

  1. slumpy

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as G© continued:

    > Does's anyone have the drivers for cd rom
    > samsung v20 SN-124 for xp OS.
    > if you could e-mail them to me that would be great

    You don't need drivers for a cd-rom drive. Well you do, but Windows already
    has them.
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Aug 27, 2003

  2. slumpy

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as G© continued:

    > great
    >>
    >> You don't need drivers for a cd-rom drive. Well you do, but Windows
    >> already has them.
    >> --

    > After a format my dvd/cdwriter is not recognised
    > the cdrom works o.k. though.

    Couldn't find a dvd drive with that serial number.
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Aug 27, 2003

  3. slumpy

    Guest

    G©, Aug 27, 2003
  4. slumpy

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as G© continued:

    >> Couldn't find a dvd drive with that serial number.
    >> --

    > http://www.search4hardware.com/8/p_8_2134_Samsung_SN-124.html

    Still only needs bogstandard drivers. Do you /actually/ need something to
    view DVD's with ?
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Aug 27, 2003
  5. slumpy

    Guest

    > Still only needs bogstandard drivers. Do you /actually/ need something to
    > view DVD's with ?
    > --

    using power dvd at the mo but if you are thinking of extra software I dont
    know.

    --

    Back of the net....

    G©, Aug 27, 2003
  6. slumpy

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as G© continued:

    >> Still only needs bogstandard drivers. Do you /actually/ need
    >> something to view DVD's with ?
    >> --

    > using power dvd at the mo but if you are thinking of extra software I
    > dont know.

    CD and DVD drives use standard installed Windows drivers. What is the
    problem exactly ?
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Aug 27, 2003
  7. slumpy

    Guest

    > CD and DVD drives use standard installed Windows drivers. What is the
    > problem exactly ?
    > --

    I have dvd player and it dont work (read dvd's but it did befor a format)

    --

    Back of the net....

    G©, Aug 27, 2003
  8. slumpy

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as G© continued:

    >> CD and DVD drives use standard installed Windows drivers. What is the
    >> problem exactly ?
    >> --

    > I have dvd player and it dont work (read dvd's but it did befor a
    > format)

    Have you used a lens cleaner disc ?

    slumpy, Aug 27, 2003
  9. slumpy

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as G© continued:

    >> Have you used a lens cleaner disc ?
    >>

    > Yes the first thing I did

    The jumper settings are correct on the drive ?
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Aug 27, 2003