Re: need help with configuring Cisco ATA 186

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by Miguel Cruz, Jul 3, 2003.

  1. Miguel Cruz

    Miguel Cruz Guest

    Bulent Cakir <> wrote:
    > I'm trying to connect 2 offices in different cities just using ATA186s. I
    > was able to set them up in local network, and made calls to each other, but
    > I don't know how to set them to use outside the local network. Can anyone
    > help me with this?

    As long as they have publicly routable IP addresses and your firewalls
    aren't getting in the way, there shouldn't be any difference.

    miguel

    Miguel Cruz, Jul 3, 2003

  2. Miguel Cruz

    Guest

    On Thu, 03 Jul 2003 16:58:26 GMT, (Miguel Cruz) wrote:

    >Bulent Cakir <> wrote:
    >> I'm trying to connect 2 offices in different cities just using ATA186s. I
    >> was able to set them up in local network, and made calls to each other, but
    >> I don't know how to set them to use outside the local network. Can anyone
    >> help me with this?

    >As long as they have publicly routable IP addresses and your firewalls
    >aren't getting in the way, there shouldn't be any difference.

    Are you talking about more than one unit? If you only have two,
    simply set the gateway entries on both units to point to the other.

    If you have more than one unit, you can either setup a gatekeeper and
    use that as a gateway, or dial using the IP addresses (ie
    123*123*123*123).

    -Chris

    , Jul 4, 2003

  3. Miguel Cruz

    Guest

    On Tue, 8 Jul 2003 10:05:52 -0400, "Bulent Cakir" <>
    wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >The problem is these ATA 186 s are behind firewalls. So what should I do
    >Chris?

    I don't have much experience with running these through firewalls or
    NAT. I know solutions have been discussed in this group before .
    Perhaps a search on groups.google.com will be more helpful.

    -Chris

    , Jul 8, 2003
  4. Hello!

    Bulent Cakir wrote:

    > The problem is these ATA 186 s are behind firewalls. So what should I do
    > Chris?

    Your ATAs will not be able to talk directly to each other then. You will
    need either:
    - set up your firewall to pass H323 traffic
    - or use some third entity (H323 proxy or SIP server) which will
    facilitate to establish the connection between them

    WBR, Andrew
    --
    Andrew Zhilenko
    Please remove "hide-email." from my email address when replying,

    Andrew Zhilenko, Jul 13, 2003