Re: Need help connecting router

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by John, Dec 4, 2008.

  1. John

    John Guest

    ummm... ISPCONFIG isn't a valid command. IPCONFIG is the right command.
    You don't want to run IPCONFIG in the Run box unless your eyes are
    waaaaaaaaaay faster than your computer.

    "Guv Bob" <> wrote in message
    Thanks, folks. I did find the info at the ISP website, but it took some
    effort.
    Here's the easy way...

    For Windows 2000
    start >run:
    ispconfig

    For Windows 98SE:
    start >run:
    winipcfg

    "Guv Bob" <> wrote in message
    Greetings! I would appreciate some really basic help in connecting a new
    Netgear Model WGR612 v7 router.

    Where do I find out the following info?

    Thanks in advance.

    Bob

    Enter your Internet IP Address
    1. Get Dynamically From ISP (this choice doesn't work)
    or
    2. Use Static IP Address (where to find this info?)
    -- IP Address
    -- IP Subnet Mask
    -- Gateway IP Address

    QUESTION 4
    Domain Name Server (DNS)

    1. Address Get Automatically From ISP (this choice doesn't work)
    or
    2. Use These DNS Servers: (where to find this info?)
    -- Primary DNS
    -- Secondary DNS

    QUESTION 5
    Router MAC Address

    1. Use Default Address (this choice doesn't work)
    or
    2. Use Computer MAC Address (this choice doesn't work)
    or
    3. Use This MAC Address (where to find this info?)
    John, Dec 4, 2008