Re: Need help connecting router

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Nov 30, 2008.

  1. Hi
    Netgear makes a WGR 614 v7
    This is the support page, http://kbserver.netgear.com/products/wgr614v7.asp
    Get the full manual and follow the instructions.
    If your Router is Not 614 but some other number, it might be a special
    product that is distributed by your ISP.
    In such case look at your ISP's Support site.
    If you connection is Internet cable read this,
    http://www.ezlan.net/broadband.html
    For DSL read this, http://www.ezlan.net/PPPOE.html
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

    "Guv Bob" <> wrote in message
    Greetings! I would appreciate some really basic help in connecting a new
    Netgear Model WGR612 v7 router.

    Where do I find out the following info?

    Thanks in advance.

    Bob

    Enter your Internet IP Address
    1. Get Dynamically From ISP (this choice doesn't work)
    or
    2. Use Static IP Address (where to find this info?)
    -- IP Address
    -- IP Subnet Mask
    -- Gateway IP Address

    QUESTION 4
    Domain Name Server (DNS)

    1. Address Get Automatically From ISP (this choice doesn't work)
    or
    2. Use These DNS Servers: (where to find this info?)
    -- Primary DNS
    -- Secondary DNS

    QUESTION 5
    Router MAC Address

    1. Use Default Address (this choice doesn't work)
    or
    2. Use Computer MAC Address (this choice doesn't work)
    or
    3. Use This MAC Address (where to find this info?)

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Nov 30, 2008