Re: Need basic web building course either online or as a book

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by richard, May 23, 2009.

  1. richard

    richard Guest

    On Sat, 23 May 2009 11:00:58 +0100, "T" <>
    wrote:

    >I have been given the task of building the intranet pages for my section at
    >work. I do not have any HTML skills. I need a course either online or as a
    >book I can buy. The only tools I will have is Office 2007 which does not
    >include Front Page or any tool I can download for free or buy cheaply. The
    >company will not buy Dreamweaver.
    >The company isn't too bothered about what it looks like, it is only for
    >internal use. As a matter of pride, I would like to make a decent job of
    >it. I don't see myself hand coding HTML in notepad.
    >Can anyone advise where to start?
    >Thanks in advance.

    www.oswd.org

    thousands of web pages already designed.
    Just replace the content.
    Learn from example.

    richard, May 23, 2009

  2. richard wrote:

    > "T" <> wrote:
    >> I have been given the task of building the intranet pages for my
    >> section at work. I do not have any HTML skills. ...

    > www.oswd.org
    >
    > thousands of web pages already designed.
    > Just replace the content.
    > Learn from example.

    ...and does not answer the OP's question. How is he supposed to edit his
    template?

    Klew: with a good text editor!

    Most, if not all, of those templates will be beyond the skill level the
    OP has claimed he has.

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, May 23, 2009