Re: need advice pls

Discussion in 'MCSA' started by Lady, Jul 27, 2003.

  1. Lady

    Lady Guest

    The training helps you get the skills, which will help you pass a technical
    interview, which can help you get a job.
    The MCSA certification is for HR, and the skills are for the IT department
    representative who gives you the technical interview.

    Lady, Jul 27, 2003

  2. Lady

    NetAdept Guest

    GOOD Training is important (there are plenty of crappy
    training courses out there, choose carefully). I took a
    year of training including designing and implementing
    network and Directory services infrastructure as well as
    TCP/IP fundamentals, courses on Linux, CISCO, as well as
    core stuff on the 2000, NT, XP OS's & Net+ & A+. This
    training did not include certifications. I have been
    working in IT full time for over a year since and I only
    started to get the certs to back up my training and
    experience 5 months ago. I now have my A+ and my MCSA
    (next I will finish my security specialization and then
    go for my MCSEs). I usually spend about a month studying
    for an exam (an hour or two a day... or somtimes I just
    cram for a day before the exam), but most of the stuff on
    there I know because of hands on experience with the OS.
    NetAdept, Jul 29, 2003