Re: Need advice for an on-line printing service

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Ray Fischer, Nov 29, 2008.

  1. Ray Fischer

    Ray Fischer Guest

    BÔwser <0m> wrote:
    >I've shot hundreds of photos of HS football this year, and would like to
    >post them somewhere so the parents can view and order prints, if they want.
    >Also, if there's some way I can make a little money off the sales, that
    >would be good. What site is best for this use?

    "Best" is highly subjective. There are free sites like flikr.com
    which treat people like wallets and which I find to be a pain, and
    there are pay sites like smugmug.com which treat you like a client
    and which I use.

    Browse.

    --
    Ray Fischer
    Ray Fischer, Nov 29, 2008

  2. Ray Fischer

    Dave Cohen Guest

    Ray Fischer wrote:
    > BÔwser <0m> wrote:
    >> I've shot hundreds of photos of HS football this year, and would like to
    >> post them somewhere so the parents can view and order prints, if they want.
    >> Also, if there's some way I can make a little money off the sales, that
    >> would be good. What site is best for this use?

    > "Best" is highly subjective. There are free sites like flikr.com
    > which treat people like wallets and which I find to be a pain, and
    > there are pay sites like smugmug.com which treat you like a client
    > and which I use.
    >
    > Browse.

    Can you get prints from flikr? I've used them but had trouble with their
    site (including how to get prints). For a limited number of friends
    Yorkphoto is ok, but you need to specify an email address for each
    potential recipient. Good for sharing family photos for both viewing and
    printing.
    Dave Cohen
    Dave Cohen, Nov 30, 2008

  3. Ray Fischer

    J. Clarke Guest

    Dave Cohen wrote:
    > Ray Fischer wrote:
    >> BÔwser <0m> wrote:
    >>> I've shot hundreds of photos of HS football this year, and would
    >>> like to post them somewhere so the parents can view and order
    >>> prints, if they want. Also, if there's some way I can make a
    >>> little
    >>> money off the sales, that would be good. What site is best for
    >>> this
    >>> use?

    >> "Best" is highly subjective. There are free sites like flikr.com
    >> which treat people like wallets and which I find to be a pain, and
    >> there are pay sites like smugmug.com which treat you like a client
    >> and which I use.
    >>
    >> Browse.
    >>

    > Can you get prints from flikr?

    Do you mean flickr? If so, yes, you can.

    > I've used them but had trouble with
    > their site (including how to get prints). For a limited number of
    > friends Yorkphoto is ok, but you need to specify an email address
    > for
    > each potential recipient. Good for sharing family photos for both
    > viewing and printing.
    > Dave Cohen

    --John
    to email, dial "usenet" and validate