Re: need a cure

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Aardvark, Nov 17, 2009.

  1. Aardvark

    Aardvark Guest

    On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 11:58:52 -0500, RubberNeck wrote:

    > "Aardvark" <> wrote in message
    >> On Mon, 16 Nov 2009 13:27:15 -0500, Ferd.Berfle wrote:
    >>
    >> He's as fine as snuff but not nearly as dusty.
    >>
    >> (My aunt's favorite response)

    Random non sequitur words.

> [...]
    >> news:hdo35i$g0v$-september.org... Now that I've
    >> gone through the worst sinus infection of my entire life...
    >> I've finished my antibiotics only to be left with this
    >> irritating cough caused by post nasal drip! I have coughed
    >> til my ribcage is sore. I went looking for some generic
    >> pseudofed but no one around here carries it anymore because
    >> of the druggies who keep making methanphetamines with it!
    >> The pseudofed was the only med over the counter that worked
    >> for this kind of a cough. I'm desparate to the point I am
    >> sipping on some bourbon whiskey (bout a couple tablespoons
    >> worth) to get the cough to stop. It actually stops it for a
    >> while, but I hate the taste of it and the burn as it goes
    >> down.
    >>
    >> Any other ideas for stopping a cough like this?
    >>
    >> --
    >> Regards,
    >>
    >> Jenn<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0
    >> Transitional//EN">
    >> <HTML><HEAD>
    >> <META content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" http-equiv=Content-Type>
    >> <META name=GENERATOR content="MSHTML 8.00.6001.18852"> <STYLE></STYLE>
    >> </HEAD>
    >> <BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
    >> <DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>He's as fine as snuff&nbsp;but not nearly
    >> as dusty.</FONT></DIV>
    >> <DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT size=2
    >> face=Arial>(My aunt's favorite response)</FONT></DIV> <BLOCKQUOTE
    >> style="BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5px;
    >> PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px" dir=ltr>
    >> <DIV>"Jenn" &lt;<A
    >> href="mailto:"></A>&gt; wrote in message
    >> <A
    >> href="news:hds2an$9ug$-september.org">news:hds2an$9ug

    > $-september.org</A>...</DIV>
    >> <DIV><FONT size=2>Thanks for the suggestion, Dennis. Good to see you
    >> posting.&nbsp; How are you doing? :)</FONT></DIV> <DIV><BR>--
    >> <BR>Regards,</DIV>
    >> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
    >> <DIV>Jenn</DIV>
    >> <DIV>----------</DIV>
    >> <BLOCKQUOTE
    >> style="BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5px;
    >> PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px" dir=ltr>
    >> <DIV>"WhiteHawk" &lt;<A
    >> href="mailto:"></

    A>&gt;
    >> wrote in message <A
    >> href="news:hds1ov$41i$-september.org">news:hds1ov$41i

    > $-september.org</A>...</DIV>
    >> <DIV><FONT face=Georgia>Mucinex works for me - ask the Pharmacist
    >> what he suggests.... also, the Ricolla cough drops work really well
    >> in the mean time.</FONT></DIV>
    >> <BLOCKQUOTE
    >> style="BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5px;
    >> PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px" dir=ltr>
    >> <DIV>"Jenn" &lt;<A
    >> href="mailto:"></A>&gt; wrote in
    >> message <A
    >> href="news:hdrmvu$udt$-september.org">news:hdrmvu

    $udt
    > $-september.org</A>...</DIV>
    >> <DIV><FONT size=2>I've never been drunk before .... don't think
    >> I'd like it either LOL&nbsp;&nbsp; When I was in highschool I was
    >> dating a country boy from Hartselle, Alabama and he and his
    >> family took me to the lake for picnic and playtime in the water
    >> there.&nbsp; They ran out of pop and water and the only thing
    >> they had left was a malt duck.&nbsp; Since, I never had one
    >> before I thought it was like a soda since it had carbonation....
    >> &lt;g&gt;&nbsp;I was so thirsty I killed it all in one try.&nbsp;
    >> They looked at me like I had done something wrong! LOL&nbsp;
    >> Needless to say I was a bot giddy and spent the drive home
    >> laughing about everything and nothing.&nbsp; I was a bit happy to
    >> say the least.... :)</FONT></DIV>
    >> <DIV><BR>-- <BR>Regards,</DIV>
    >> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
    >> <DIV>Jenn</DIV>
    >> <BLOCKQUOTE
    >> style="BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5px;
    >> PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px" dir=ltr>
    >> <DIV>"Eagle" &lt;<A
    >> href="mailto:"></A>&gt; wrote in
    >> message <A
    >> href="news:hdpqfo$tbu$-september.org">news:hdpqfo

    > $tbu$-september.org</A>...</DIV>
    >> <DIV><FONT size=4 face=Georgia>Whiskey and lemon
    >> juice....warm.</FONT></DIV>
    >> <DIV><FONT size=4 face=Georgia>Two jiggers of hooch and a the
    >> juice of a full lemon. Small sips till it's gone, or yer drunk.
    >> [hic!]</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT size=4
    >> face=Georgia></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT size=4
    >> face=Georgia>The Eagle</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT size=4
    >> face=Georgia></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT size=4
    >> face=Georgia></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV> <BLOCKQUOTE
    >> style="BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5px;
    >> PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px"
    >> dir=ltr>
    >> <DIV>"Jenn" &lt;<A
    >> href="mailto:"></A>&gt; wrote in
    >> message <A
    >> href="news:hdo35i$g0v$-

    september.org">news:hdo35i
    > $g0v$-september.org</A>...</DIV>
    >> <DIV><FONT size=2>Now that I've gone through the worst sinus
    >> infection of my entire life... I've finished my antibiotics
    >> only to be left with this irritating cough caused by post
    >> nasal drip!&nbsp; I have&nbsp;coughed til my ribcage is
    >> sore.&nbsp; I went looking for some generic pseudofed but no
    >> one around here carries it anymore because of the druggies
    >> who keep making methanphetamines with it!&nbsp; The pseudofed
    >> was the only med over the counter that worked for this kind
    >> of a cough.&nbsp; I'm desparate to the point I am sipping on
    >> some bourbon whiskey (bout a couple tablespoons
    >> worth)&nbsp;to get the cough to stop.&nbsp; It actually stops
    >> it for a while, but I hate the taste of it and the burn as it
    >> goes down.</FONT></DIV>
    >> <DIV><FONT size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT size=2>Any
    >> other ideas for stopping a cough like this?</FONT></DIV><FONT
    >> size=2>
    >> <DIV><BR>-- <BR>Regards,</DIV>
    >> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
    >> <DIV>Jenn</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></

    BLOCKQUOTE></
    > BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

    The above is useless and needless HTML-tagged crap.

    > Jenn-
    >
    > The above is how my newsreader renders Ferd Berfle's post above, which
    > includes quotes from a number of posts from both yourself and others in
    > the thread.
    >
    > Now do you see what a combination of incorrect top-posting, incorrect
    > bottom-posting and newsreaders configured to post in HTML to text-only
    > groups looks like in a properly configured newsreader?
    >
    > Can *you* make sense of the above mess? I certainly can't.

    > LOL no big surprise.

    Of course not. Can *you* make sense of it, O wilfully ignorant one?

    > Last person in does not make the rules.

    Until, of course, you, child of The Eternal September, found usenet and
    decided to ignore long-established standards.

    I'm not making *any* rules. Merely adhering to standards and etiquette
    which make perfect sense and which were well-established long before you
    or I had ever even heard of usenet.

    --
    Half a bee, philosophically, must ipso facto half not be. But half
    the bee has got to be, vis-à-vis its entirety - d'you see? But can
    Aardvark, Nov 17, 2009