Re: nc io sio iss i SAFEBOOT SOLO IS DISCONTINUED, FLAW DISCOVERED: CONTROL BREAK INTERNATI

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by Guest, Aug 3, 2004.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    In article <>
    Leythos <> wrote:

    > In article <>, "\"Crash\" Dummy"
    > <> says...

    > > >The company web site does not give any indication that the product has a
    > > >problem, has been removed, or any other indication that it's
    > > >unavailable.

    > > Regsoft is a free service to handle online transactions. It would be a simple
    > > matter for the troll to sign up and put up that phony message.
    > > https://www.regsoft.net/regsoft/

    > Yep, I actually emailed the company that provides safeboot, got a call
    > back from them in less than 2 hours, but I was with a client and could
    > not take the call. Waiting to call them back later.
    >
    > Well, I just spoke with them about the SOLO product, it was pulled from
    > the market because of limited sales and the fact that support was out of
    > the UK - not because it didn't work.
    >
    > The replaced the SOLO product with the SafeBoot Professional product.
    >
    > I asked them about the spammer and was told that the OP was specifically
    > told to NOT use it with any other disk products during the installation
    > - which he ignored. They told me that they offered to replace the drive
    > for free, but that he refused.
    >
    > So, as with everything we've suspected from his post:
    >
    > 1) He installed a product without following directions
    > 2) Didn't do a backup before installing a disk product (which anyone
    > with a reasonable amount of intelligence would know to do)
    > 3) Refused to accept a replacement drive for free
    > 4) Continues to make himself look like an Ass when his posts clearly
    > indicate the above things are HIT fault!
    >
    > Time for him to start accepting responsibility for his own actions and
    > quit blaming the vendor.
    >
    > Oh, they are sending me a free copy of SafeBoot Professional for
    > evaluation on our laptops.

    > (Remove 999 to reply to me)

    Dear Liethtoad:

    You are such an unctuous, smarmy, capitalistic shill. Do you actually believe such nonsense from a company, if, in fact, they actually told you those things and that those statements are not a product of the fiction of your imagination?

    Honestly, I have never seen such a silly, earnest apologist for the treachery of a business concern. You sound and act like someone who is perhaps the first member of your family to have gone to college, that perhaps your father was a coal miner or some such and that you are the first to have escaped the poverty of the Appalachian mountains, unlike your brothers and sisters.

    You have a most laughable identification with the power elite and with the owners of the means of production, given that you are just a lowly worker with rather small area of expertise and a rather small responsibility.

    You sound rather brainwashed, perhaps a member of low level management trying to make good for the folks back home. Open your eyes; your smarmy unctuousness, in coming to the defense of a treacherous company, out for only profit, makes a fool of yourself; clearly, you terribly want to identify with those in power and with some money; a silly republican, no doubt.

    It is rather sad to see, when others have bought into the game and are made unwitting pawns because of their own unfulfilled psychological neediness. Clearly, you need a much broader education than the narrow technical one to which you have thus far attained.

    The original sender is unknown. Any address shown in the From header
    is unverified.

    Guest, Aug 3, 2004

  2. Guest

    Leythos Guest

    In article <>, Use-Author-
    Address-Header@[127.1] says...
    [trash snipped}
    > This message was posted via one or more anonymous remailing services.
    > The original sender is unknown. Any address shown in the From header
    > is unverified.

    Posted from behind an anonymous service, afraid to say something in
    public that might let anyone know what a lamer, incompetent, moron you
    really are in real left.

    As long as you keep posting your lame warning about how they wronged you
    when it was your own incompetence I will keep posting my reply to it.
    That's how usenet works, live with it.

    (Remove 999 to reply to me)

    Leythos, Aug 3, 2004

  3. In article <>
    Leythos <> wrote:

    > In article <>, Use-Author-
    > Address-Header@[127.1] says...
    > [trash snipped}
    > > This message was posted via one or more anonymous remailing services.
    > > The original sender is unknown. Any address shown in the From header
    > > is unverified.

    > Posted from behind an anonymous service, afraid to say something in
    > public that might let anyone know what a lamer, incompetent, moron you
    > really are in real left.
    >
    > As long as you keep posting your lame warning about how they wronged you
    > when it was your own incompetence I will keep posting my reply to it.
    > That's how usenet works, live with it.

    Dear Leythos:

    I can live with it; your postings are useful in that they demonstrate the quite one-sidedness of the education those computer technicians with 2-year vocational school degrees.

    You are clearly a man of little educational attainment with some small degree of responsibility gained by many years of dogged determination and faithful application.

    Although you clearly understand little beyond your small sphere of weekly wage-labour, I would be loath to take that away from you. You carry on as you must.

    Best wishes to you.

    privacy.at Anonymous Remailer, Aug 4, 2004
  4. Guest

    Leythos Guest

    In article <>, Use-
    Author-Supplied-Address-Header@[127.1] says...

    > In article <>
    > Leythos <> wrote:
    > >
    > > In article <>, Use-Author-
    > > Address-Header@[127.1] says...
    > > [trash snipped}
    > > > This message was posted via one or more anonymous remailing services.
    > > > The original sender is unknown. Any address shown in the From header
    > > > is unverified.

    > > Posted from behind an anonymous service, afraid to say something in
    > > public that might let anyone know what a lamer, incompetent, moron you
    > > really are in real left.
    > >
    > > As long as you keep posting your lame warning about how they wronged you
    > > when it was your own incompetence I will keep posting my reply to it.
    > > That's how usenet works, live with it.

    > Dear Leythos:
    >
    > I can live with it; your postings are useful in that they demonstrate the quite one-sidedness of the education those computer technicians with 2-year vocational school degrees.
    >
    > You are clearly a man of little educational attainment with some small degree of responsibility gained by many years of dogged determination and faithful application.
    >
    > Although you clearly understand little beyond your small sphere of weekly wage-labour, I would be loath to take that away from you. You carry on as you must.
    >
    > Best wishes to you.

    Ah, I see, since you can't stand behind a post when you're wrong, since
    you can't admit the truth when you're wrong, you resort to personal
    attacks, much like any Usenet troll. Since you know nothing about me,
    the company I run, or anything else, it's funny to see you make
    assumptions based on "your" limited experience with anything technical.

    One other thing, start using a program that works with Usenet when you
    post, your lines don't wrap at 76 characters, and if you were an honest
    sort of chap you would not have to hide your identity.

    (Remove 999 to reply to me)

    Leythos, Aug 4, 2004