Re: NAS Units

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Gordon, Jul 12, 2009.

  1. Gordon

    Gordon Guest

    On 2009-07-12, Collector€NZ <> wrote:
    > Some time back there was a thread here on the cheaper NAS units
    > available. Those in the $250-$400 range.
    >
    > My requirement is for minimum 2 Sata2 Drives 10/100/1000 ethernet
    > connection (1Gb not quite so important) would be good if it had some
    > raid options, FTP and SAMBA ETC.
    > Any recomendations (No I do not want to run up and old computer and use
    > Linux)

    Okay, so just Linux on the NAS eh?

    To hell with it shell out on Ms Home Sever and be done with it. What is
    money after all.

    The D-Link 323 does RAID 0 and 1.

    There are others, I have seen them when getting side tracked on web order
    sites. Ascent was one from memory. Datasquare worth a look

    Look for NAS on those pages.

    NAS, home style is still in very much rapid development. New devices seem to
    be arriving by the month. The same only different. now when will they add
    NFS?

    Gordon, Jul 12, 2009

  2. Gordon

    thingy Guest

    On Jul 12, 4:43 pm, Gordon <> wrote:
    > On 2009-07-12, Collector€NZ <> wrote:
    >
    > > Some time back there was a thread here on the cheaper NAS units
    > > available. Those in the $250-$400 range.

    > > My requirement is for minimum 2 Sata2 Drives 10/100/1000 ethernet
    > > connection (1Gb not quite so important) would be good if it had some
    > > raid options, FTP and SAMBA ETC.
    > > Any recomendations (No I do not want to run up and old computer and use
    > > Linux)

    > Okay, so just Linux on the NAS eh?
    >
    > To hell with it shell out on Ms Home Sever and be done with it. What is
    > money after all.

    Does it do iSCSI?

    regards

    Thing