    Anyone know whom the cheapest in the UK for the Chronicles of narnia 4 dvd
    set

    cheers Dave

    Dragon, Mar 3, 2004

  2. Dragon

    Kez Guest

    Dragon wrote:
    > Anyone know whom the cheapest in the UK for the Chronicles of narnia
    > 4 dvd set
    >
    > cheers Dave

    i got one for £23 from ebay

    cheapest i could find on the high street was £35

    Kez, Mar 3, 2004

  3. Kez wrote:
    > Dragon wrote:
    >> Anyone know whom the cheapest in the UK for the Chronicles of narnia
    >> 4 dvd set
    >>
    >> cheers Dave

    > i got one for £23 from ebay
    >
    > cheapest i could find on the high street was £35

    Got mine from Amazon , slightly cheaper.
    tinyurl.com/252px

    Panic

    General Panic, Mar 3, 2004
  4. Dragon

    Pob Guest

    On the high street, Woolworths has been pretty good for DVDs lately -
    I think I paid £27 for mine, not that long after it came out. It's a
    really nice set, and brought back lots of memories (I was about seven
    or eight when it was first shown, and remember those Christmassy
    Sunday afternoons very well...)

    Pob, Mar 3, 2004
  5. Dragon

    Kez Guest

    > > Anyone know whom the cheapest in the UK for the Chronicles of narnia 4

    dvd
    > > set
    > >
    > > cheers Dave

    indeed. shame they didn't dramatise more of the books.

    Kez, Mar 3, 2004
  6. Pob wrote:

    > On the high street, Woolworths has been pretty good for DVDs lately -
    > I think I paid £27 for mine, not that long after it came out. It's a
    > really nice set, and brought back lots of memories (I was about seven
    > or eight when it was first shown, and remember those Christmassy
    > Sunday afternoons very well...)

    Same here, but for us Yanks, what's on the 4th disk??

    Derek Janssen

    Derek Janssen, Mar 3, 2004
  7. Derek Janssen wrote:

    > Same here, but for us Yanks, what's on the 4th disk??
    >
    > Derek Janssen

    Cast reunion , interviews , biographies , a lot of behind the scenes extras
    , out takes and a Narnia Trivia quiz and history....loads of stuff.

    General Panic, Mar 5, 2004
  8. General Panic wrote:

    >>Same here, but for us Yanks, what's on the 4th disk??
    >>

    > Cast reunion , interviews , biographies , a lot of behind the scenes extras
    > , out takes and a Narnia Trivia quiz and history....loads of stuff.

    ACK!! All we got--thanks to the tiny company that put it out, since
    Warner hadn't gotten *this* BBC series--was the Gryff Rhys-Jones book
    show on the CS Lewis house (on the LWW disk only), some nominal photo
    galleries, and a few anemic trivia games that, if you got all the way
    through, led you to a website where you could download wallpapers of the
    same ugly pastel box covers.

    ....Warner/BBC, you *owe* us on this one.

    Derek Janssen (BIG time)

    Derek Janssen, Mar 5, 2004
  9. Dragon

    Covenant Guest

    "Derek Janssen" <> wrote in message
    > General Panic wrote:
    >
    > >>Same here, but for us Yanks, what's on the 4th disk??
    > >>

    > > Cast reunion , interviews , biographies , a lot of behind the scenes

    extras
    > > , out takes and a Narnia Trivia quiz and history....loads of stuff.

    > ACK!! All we got--thanks to the tiny company that put it out, since
    > Warner hadn't gotten *this* BBC series--was the Gryff Rhys-Jones book
    > show on the CS Lewis house (on the LWW disk only), some nominal photo
    > galleries, and a few anemic trivia games that, if you got all the way
    > through, led you to a website where you could download wallpapers of the
    > same ugly pastel box covers.
    >
    > ...Warner/BBC, you *owe* us on this one.

    Nah....

    The interviews etc are crap.

    I have better extras for the narnia chronicles on VHS tape !!!

    (Aslan presenting a BAFTA award for example!)

    But wading through the trivia quiz to see the out-take clip are worth it.
    But, as always, begs the question, there must have been SO much more of this
    stuff available.. why not USE it !!??

    --
    Covenant
    A Man With Far Too Much Time On His Hands

    Covenant, Mar 5, 2004