    How can I permanently re-name the card? I have access to Windows 98 and
    Mac OS 9 and X.

    Tom Nelson

    Tom Nelson, Jul 13, 2004

  2. Tom Nelson

    orion Guest

    Can only speak for Win98- Put it in the card reader, find it in explorer,
    right click on it, and select Format.....Run through the format routine, and
    it will then ask for a name (11 characters). Type the name you want and
    finish......Now put it back in the camera and let the camera -reformat it
    using its own routine (which may or may not be different or have additional
    blank files)... It should then be OK.

    orion, Jul 13, 2004

  3. Tom Nelson

    Zebedee Guest

    Umm... Easier...

    Open a DOS prompt and type "label X:" and it'll ask for a voulme name. Or do
    it via Windows Explorer!

    --
    Yours

    Zebedee