    Paul - xxx

    '96/'97 Landrover Discovery 300 Tdi
    Dyna Tech Cro-Mo comp

    Paul - xxx, May 17, 2009

  2. Paul - xxx

    richard Guest

    On 17 May 2009 15:08:21 GMT, "Paul - xxx" <>
    wrote:

    >Judith Smith wrote:
    >
    >> Here are two posts from a newsgroup.

    >Didn't you say in an earlier response to a different thread that it was
    >you who was having their personality rubbished on Usenet?
    >
    >It seems somewhat like you are attempting the same here .... hypocrite!.
    >
    >(Nope, I'm not Doug)

    Showing off your stupidity and ignorance by using the word "hypocrite"
    which simply means "actor".
    Aren't we all hypocrites?

    richard, May 17, 2009

  3. Paul - xxx

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Sun, 17 May 2009 12:25:06 -0400, richard <>
    wrote:

    >Showing off your stupidity and ignorance by using the word "hypocrite"
    >which simply means "actor".
    >Aren't we all hypocrites?

    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/hypocrite

    –noun
    1. a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious
    beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess,
    esp. a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.
    2. a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved
    attitude, esp. one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie
    his or her public statements.

    Evan Platt, May 17, 2009
  4. Paul - xxx

    OG Guest

    "richard" <> wrote in message
    > On 17 May 2009 15:08:21 GMT, "Paul - xxx" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Judith Smith wrote:
    >>
    >>> Here are two posts from a newsgroup.

    >>Didn't you say in an earlier response to a different thread that it was
    >>you who was having their personality rubbished on Usenet?
    >>
    >>It seems somewhat like you are attempting the same here .... hypocrite!.
    >>
    >>(Nope, I'm not Doug)

    > Showing off your stupidity and ignorance by using the word "hypocrite"
    > which simply means "actor".

    In greek perhaps, but both these newgroups are primarily english language
    which makes you rather a silly billy.

    The english language use of hypocrite since the 13th century has been as
    Paul used above.

    OED
    "One who falsely professes to be virtuously or religiously inclined; one who
    pretends to have feelings or beliefs of a higher order than his real ones;
    hence generally, a dissembler, pretender. "

    OG, May 20, 2009