Re: Mystery Problem with Compaq Presario 1060 Laptop

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Brad, Sep 22, 2006.

  1. Brad

    Brad Guest

    Hi,

    The laptop had a "stroke" while I was using it. Note: Windows booted up just
    fine, then something happened. Everything "froze" and there was no response
    to any input. I had to turn off the power. I disconnected power, removed the
    battery pack, and waited. Later, when I turned on the power, the only
    "life" I heard was the HDD spinning, nothing else was happening such as BIOS
    trying to read the floppy drive because that drive is the first in the boot up
    sequence. No display (black), no "beeps", etc.

    HDD is fine because I removed it and tested it in another computer.

    Thanks to everyone who tried to help.

    Brad

    Brad, Sep 22, 2006