Re: my progress with Linux

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by catchme, Mar 2, 2009.

  1. catchme

    catchme Guest

    philo wrote:
    > Because I do photography and use GIMP I decided to actually buy a new video
    > card rather than continue to use stuff out of my junk box...so I ended up
    > with a GeForce8400gs.
    >
    > Since my Linux installations were pretty old anyway...decided to evaluate
    > some of the new
    > distros now out there:

    let me know when you try Ubuntu- i am thinking about getting an external
    drive and run it (8.06, i think)

    catchme, Mar 2, 2009

  2. catchme

    Mike Easter Guest

    catchme wrote:

    > let me know when you try Ubuntu- i am thinking about getting an external
    > drive and run it (8.06, i think)

    Some of the early testers of Jaunty in alt.os.linux.ubuntu are liking it
    better than Intrepid and Hardy, including those who liked Hardy better
    than Intrepid. That also includes the Kub904 w/ KDE 4.2, which the early
    KDE4 haters are liking.

    For those who prefer numbers 804Hardy, 810Intrepid, 904a5Jaunty.

    If you are being cautious (considering 806), then I would certainly wait
    for the actual release instead of an advanced alpha.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Mar 2, 2009