Re: My Player won't recognize DVD-R

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Zain of Earth, Apr 2, 2004.

  1. That's an interesting point, but it would appear my DVD Player Plays ALL
    brands of DVD-RW and no DVD-R Whatsoever!, it's just weird!

    "Steve(JazzHunter)" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 09:09:39 +0200, "Zain of Earth"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >Any suggestions?

    > It isn't media. If the player doesn't accept some variation of
    > writable DVD media then it was not intended to. It is an older unit
    > that only plays some sort of DVD-r "accidently." The best solution is
    > to get some cheap $39 player, ALL newer machines, however cheap, will
    > play all DVD recordables.
    >
    > . Steve .
    > >
    > >"Allan" <box532DAMNSENDMEMORESPAMANDVIRUSATTACHMENTSPLEASE at

    sympatico.ca

    Zain of Earth, Apr 2, 2004

  2. On Fri, 2 Apr 2004 11:09:59 +0200, "Zain of Earth"
    <> wrote:

    >That's an interesting point, but it would appear my DVD Player Plays ALL
    >brands of DVD-RW and no DVD-R Whatsoever!, it's just weird!

    DVD-r and DVD-RW use a different depth of recording, a different
    "Constrast" of the pits and flats. This is a common issue with VCD's
    also and even CD's. My Sony will play VideoCD if it's on a CD-RW, but
    not if it's on a CD-r. It won't recognize SVCD at all, though it
    handles DVD-R or DVD-RW (and +r/+rw) beautifully.

    . Steve
    ..

    Steve(JazzHunter), Apr 3, 2004