Re: my Outlook Express is still down

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by JD, Nov 3, 2009.

  1. JD

    JD Guest

    family wrote:
    > "curmudgeon" <> wrote in message
    > Since the end of last September I have been unable to send or receive any
    > emails through my Outlook Express system.
    > Even though I have had my computer in twice for repair, the people at
    > GATEWAY can not fix the problem, all they can do is suggest that I buy
    > another computer with the minimum amount of micro-soft parts, they even
    > went as far as to suggest that I buy an APPLE computer.
    > My internet provider COX, to whom I have on average contacted at least
    > once a week, tell me the very same thing.
    > As COX does not have anywhere that I could bring in my computer for them
    > to look at, nor do they make house calls, there is really very little that
    > they can do.
    > There is a very problematic and convoluted way in which it is possible for
    > me to retrieve my email messages, but not to send them.
    > It is a very slow and time consuming method that literally takes all day.
    > Their has to be a better way than this.
    > I am very frustrated that I cannot email MICROSOFT and ask for help.
    > Hell they do not even have a telephone number for their alleged Tech
    > Support.

    This is not a problem caused by Microsoft

    Your e-mail client settings have changed or your mail providers servers
    have changed or if you have installed/removed an anti-virus package that
    scans and checks emails it is very likely that it has messed up the
    settings.

    Go to your internet providers website and search for one of the
    following: "mail settings", "pop settings", "smtp settings", and
    re-enter them in your outlook's account settings.

    Also if you have any firewall applications (may be included in
    anti-virus package) check it is not blocking outlook.

    if you want more help tell us exactly what's wrong, copy any error
    messages and post them here and maybe someone can help.

    JD
    JD, Nov 3, 2009

  2. JD

    Paul Guest

    JD wrote:
    > family wrote:
    >> "curmudgeon" <> wrote in message
    >> Since the end of last September I have been unable to send or receive any
    >> emails through my Outlook Express system.
    >> Even though I have had my computer in twice for repair, the people at
    >> GATEWAY can not fix the problem, all they can do is suggest that I buy
    >> another computer with the minimum amount of micro-soft parts, they even
    >> went as far as to suggest that I buy an APPLE computer.
    >> My internet provider COX, to whom I have on average contacted at least
    >> once a week, tell me the very same thing.
    >> As COX does not have anywhere that I could bring in my computer for them
    >> to look at, nor do they make house calls, there is really very little
    >> that
    >> they can do.
    >> There is a very problematic and convoluted way in which it is possible
    >> for
    >> me to retrieve my email messages, but not to send them.
    >> It is a very slow and time consuming method that literally takes all day.
    >> Their has to be a better way than this.
    >> I am very frustrated that I cannot email MICROSOFT and ask for help.
    >> Hell they do not even have a telephone number for their alleged Tech
    >> Support.
    >>

    > This is not a problem caused by Microsoft
    >
    > Your e-mail client settings have changed or your mail providers servers
    > have changed or if you have installed/removed an anti-virus package that
    > scans and checks emails it is very likely that it has messed up the
    > settings.
    >
    > Go to your internet providers website and search for one of the
    > following: "mail settings", "pop settings", "smtp settings", and
    > re-enter them in your outlook's account settings.
    >
    > Also if you have any firewall applications (may be included in
    > anti-virus package) check it is not blocking outlook.
    >
    > if you want more help tell us exactly what's wrong, copy any error
    > messages and post them here and maybe someone can help.
    >
    > JD

    I don't understand the significance, but the text of that post first
    appeared six years ago.

    http://groups.google.ca/group/alt.c...d118e10c/e32d2bd4de82865b?q=#e32d2bd4de82865b

    Paul
    Paul, Nov 3, 2009

  3. JD

    JD Guest

    Paul wrote:
    > JD wrote:
    >> family wrote:
    >>> "curmudgeon" <> wrote in message
    >>> Since the end of last September I have been unable to send or receive
    >>> any
    >>> emails through my Outlook Express system.
    >>> Even though I have had my computer in twice for repair, the people at
    >>> GATEWAY can not fix the problem, all they can do is suggest that I buy
    >>> another computer with the minimum amount of micro-soft parts, they even
    >>> went as far as to suggest that I buy an APPLE computer.
    >>> My internet provider COX, to whom I have on average contacted at least
    >>> once a week, tell me the very same thing.
    >>> As COX does not have anywhere that I could bring in my computer for them
    >>> to look at, nor do they make house calls, there is really very little
    >>> that
    >>> they can do.
    >>> There is a very problematic and convoluted way in which it is
    >>> possible for
    >>> me to retrieve my email messages, but not to send them.
    >>> It is a very slow and time consuming method that literally takes all
    >>> day.
    >>> Their has to be a better way than this.
    >>> I am very frustrated that I cannot email MICROSOFT and ask for help.
    >>> Hell they do not even have a telephone number for their alleged Tech
    >>> Support.
    >>>

    >> This is not a problem caused by Microsoft
    >>
    >> Your e-mail client settings have changed or your mail providers
    >> servers have changed or if you have installed/removed an anti-virus
    >> package that scans and checks emails it is very likely that it has
    >> messed up the settings.
    >>
    >> Go to your internet providers website and search for one of the
    >> following: "mail settings", "pop settings", "smtp settings", and
    >> re-enter them in your outlook's account settings.
    >>
    >> Also if you have any firewall applications (may be included in
    >> anti-virus package) check it is not blocking outlook.
    >>
    >> if you want more help tell us exactly what's wrong, copy any error
    >> messages and post them here and maybe someone can help.
    >>
    >> JD

    > I don't understand the significance, but the text of that post first
    > appeared six years ago.
    >
    > http://groups.google.ca/group/alt.c...d118e10c/e32d2bd4de82865b?q=#e32d2bd4de82865b
    >

    > Paul

    That's one seriously old post, perhaps its time to give up lol
    or for me to stop feeding the trolls.

    JD
    JD, Nov 3, 2009