Re: My motherboard shorted out

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by §ñühwØ£f, Oct 17, 2008.

  1. On Thu, 16 Oct 2008 14:44:17 -0500, Sydney Gondomer aided th' terraists
    with the following claims :

    > Thanks fellows for this endarkened discussion. Everything is clear as
    > mud now.
    > Maybe I had just better go back to my old IBM pc with 128k dual floppy
    > drives, DOS 2.0, and 4.77 mhz speed. I had no problems at all with
    > that system. :)

    Sounds like yer bitching about the cost-of-replacement.
    Find a local shop (not geeksquad) and take the drive in and have them put
    it in a bare-bones system thats in yer price range.
    HTH

    http://i35.tinypic.com/2czc1ua.jpg
    §ñühwØ£f, Oct 17, 2008

  2. On Thu, 23 Oct 2008 09:10:09 -0500, Sydney Gondomer aided th' terraists
    with the following claims :

    > On Fri, 17 Oct 2008 09:30:28 -0700, §ñühwØ£f <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>On Thu, 16 Oct 2008 14:44:17 -0500, Sydney Gondomer aided th' terraists
    >>with the following claims :
    >>

    >>> Thanks fellows for this endarkened discussion. Everything is clear as
    >>> mud now.
    >>> Maybe I had just better go back to my old IBM pc with 128k dual floppy
    >>> drives, DOS 2.0, and 4.77 mhz speed. I had no problems at all with
    >>> that system. :)

    >>Sounds like yer bitching about the cost-of-replacement.
    >>Find a local shop (not geeksquad) and take the drive in and have them put
    >>it in a bare-bones system thats in yer price range.
    >>HTH

    > I got tired of the HO not working after I installed the new fan last
    > week so I took it out to Computers 21 to let them look at it. I didn't
    > say anything about what the Geek squad told me. I just told them it
    > wouldn't boot up and I got error messages saying the fan wasn't
    > working.
    >
    > They called about ten minutes ago to tell me it was fixed.
    >
    > I asked them what was wrong.
    >
    > They said the computer wasn't picking up the revolutions of the new
    > fan. So they fixed that and now the computer knows the fan is turning.
    > They also said the PCI card and a couple of other cards were not
    > seated properly. I rarely screw them down like I should.
    >
    > Total cost of repair. $45.00!
    >
    > I'm as happy as a mouse in a cheese factory! :))

    Ive read more *complaints* about geeksquad than reccomendations :)
    Supposedly before BestBuy bought them they were a small company in
    minnesota or wisconsin and they had a very good reputation.
    But like any company that gets big they loose sight of what made them
    popular: excellent service. Profit becomes the ultimate goal and the rest
    is history...

    http://i35.tinypic.com/2czc1ua.jpg
    §ñühwØ£f, Oct 23, 2008