Re: My motherboard shorted out

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Tony, Oct 15, 2008.

  1. Tony

    Tony Guest

    Hewlett Packard = Shit
    Throw the whole thing off a cliff and buy a real computer.

    Sydney Gondomer wrote:

    > Top of the day mates,
    >
    > I was told today by the Geek squad that my mother board had shorted
    > out and since they didn't try and trace tiny things like that I would
    > need a new mother board.
    >
    > She said if they bought it and installed it, it would cost me around
    > $700.00
    >
    > She said if I found a cheaper one myself and let them put it in, it
    > would cost me $70.00 that's much better.
    >
    > MKy question is do I have to get another Hewlett Packard Media center
    > 873n motherboard, or can I purchase a newer and faster motherboard?
    >
    > The newest ones only seemed to cost about $400.00. So I think I would
    > rather install a Dual quad processor or quad core, or whatever the
    > latest and greatest is called instead of installing another five year
    > old processor?
    >
    > How does that work?
    >
    > http://www.dealtime.com/xPF-Hewlett-Packard-HP-Media-Center-PC-873n-P9875AABA
    >
    > 6,600 Obama/Palin supporters and growing

    The Grandmaster of the CyberFROG

    Come get your ticket to CyberFROG city

    No, I just decided not to play your silly game is all. *Some* of us know proper
    manners

    realm of understandability

    Tony, Oct 15, 2008

  2. Tony

    ian field Guest

    "Sydney Gondomer" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 08:26:49 -0400, Tony <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Hewlett Packard = Shit
    >>Throw the whole thing off a cliff and buy a real computer.
    >>

    >>Sydney Gondomer wrote:
    >>
    >>> Top of the day mates,
    >>>
    >>> I was told today by the Geek squad that my mother board had shorted
    >>> out and since they didn't try and trace tiny things like that I would
    >>> need a new mother board.
    >>>
    >>> She said if they bought it and installed it, it would cost me around
    >>> $700.00
    >>>
    >>> She said if I found a cheaper one myself and let them put it in, it
    >>> would cost me $70.00 that's much better.
    >>>
    >>> MKy question is do I have to get another Hewlett Packard Media center
    >>> 873n motherboard, or can I purchase a newer and faster motherboard?
    >>>
    >>> The newest ones only seemed to cost about $400.00. So I think I would
    >>> rather install a Dual quad processor or quad core, or whatever the
    >>> latest and greatest is called instead of installing another five year
    >>> old processor?
    >>>
    >>> How does that work?
    >>>
    >>> http://www.dealtime.com/xPF-Hewlett-Packard-HP-Media-Center-PC-873n-P9875AABA
    >>>
    >>> 6,600 Obama/Palin supporters and growing

    > Which brand is a "Real Computer?

    Any that doesn't use non-generic assemblies that you can only source from
    one manufacturer.

    ian field, Oct 15, 2008