Re: My browsers don't give me audio. help!

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Jeff Strickland, Oct 8, 2009.

  1. You have to use the Control Panel, Sound and Audio Devices. There are
    settings there that adjust the sound. there is a checkbox that puts the
    Volume Control in the Tool Tray.

    You might need to visit the Website for the maker of your machine, or sound
    card, to download the drivers you need. Since you replaced -- or
    reformatted -- the hard drive, then you have don't have the sound driver
    that is needed. You might also not have other drivers that you need, such as
    the drivers for the CD/DVD and/or the video display. You can have limited
    use of the CD/DVD and display with the default drivers, but you can get more
    functionality with the proper drivers.

    PS
    Tool Tray is the name of the area where the clock resides. It holds icons
    for stuff that runs in the background that you might want to have access to,
    like the Volume Control. Home Page is the name of the default page that
    appears when you start your browser, in your case, this would be Internet
    Explorer or FireFox. Each of these can have a different Home Page.

    When all of the applications on your machine are closed, or minimized, the
    screen displays your Desktop.

    Jeff Strickland, Oct 8, 2009

  2. Jeff Strickland

    gnu / linux Guest

    On Oct 8, 11:20 am, "Jeff Strickland" <> wrote:
    > You have to use the Control Panel, Sound and Audio Devices. There are

    thanks JS
    gnu / linux, Oct 9, 2009

  3. "gnu / linux" <> wrote in message
    On Oct 8, 11:20 am, "Jeff Strickland" <> wrote:
    > You have to use the Control Panel, Sound and Audio Devices. There are

    thanks JS

    <JS>
    Did it work?
    Jeff Strickland, Oct 9, 2009