Re: must be nice

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Meat Plow, Jun 21, 2010.

  1. Meat Plow

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 13:58:02 -0500, philo ÇʇoɹÊ:

    > one of the lazy ass-holes I work with was off for six months on a
    > medical leave.
    >
    > came back for a week
    >
    > now he's off on a one week vacation
    >

    > he's entitled to it but after just one week?
    >
    > sheesh

    Maybe he's still hurting
    Meat Plow, Jun 21, 2010

  2. Meat Plow

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 16:21:23 -0500, philo ÇʇoɹÊ:

    > On 06/21/2010 03:48 PM, Meat Plow wrote:
    >> On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 13:58:02 -0500, philo ÇʇoɹÊ:
    >>
    >>> one of the lazy ass-holes I work with was off for six months on a
    >>> medical leave.
    >>>
    >>> came back for a week
    >>>
    >>> now he's off on a one week vacation
    >>>

    >>> he's entitled to it but after just one week?
    >>>
    >>> sheesh

    >> Maybe he's still hurting

    > Maybe so...
    >
    > he's probably the only person injured while sleeping on the job!!!!

    Rolled off a shelve onto the floor while sleeping?
    Meat Plow, Jun 21, 2010

  3. Meat Plow

    chuckcar Guest

    philo <> wrote in

    > On 06/21/2010 04:23 PM, Meat Plow wrote:

    > The company I work for has been bought out several times
    > and he once got fired for smashing up a company vehicle while high on
    > pot...
    >
    > but once the company got bought out (and became a different company)
    > they hired him back.
    >

    > During the work slow down we went through a year ago...
    > though no one got laid off...
    > they made plenty of threats.
    >
    > I am sure he would have been kept
    > and someone useful let go.

    Perhaps he's not *on* vacation, but got a week off work in punishment for
    something. I've seen it happen.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Jun 22, 2010
  4. Meat Plow

    LSMFT Guest

    philo wrote:
    > On 06/21/2010 04:23 PM, Meat Plow wrote:

    >>> Maybe so...
    >>>
    >>> he's probably the only person injured while sleeping on the job!!!!

    >> Rolled off a shelve onto the floor while sleeping?

    > This moron had been caught sleeping on the floor several times...
    > infecting a company computer with porn and being generally useless.
    >
    > They didn't fire the asshole but at least demoted him from his
    > management position.
    >
    > The company I work for has been bought out several times
    > and he once got fired for smashing up a company vehicle while high on
    > pot...
    >
    > but once the company got bought out (and became a different company)
    > they hired him back.
    >

    > During the work slow down we went through a year ago...
    > though no one got laid off...
    > they made plenty of threats.
    >
    > I am sure he would have been kept
    > and someone useful let go.

    This should explain why the country is going to hell.

    --
    LSMFT

    I don't like to interrupt her.
    LSMFT, Jun 22, 2010
  5. Meat Plow

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 07:51:19 -0400, LSMFT ÇʇoɹÊ:

    > philo wrote:
    >> On 06/21/2010 04:23 PM, Meat Plow wrote:
    >>> On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 16:21:23 -0500, philo ÇʇoɹÊ:

    >>> Rolled off a shelve onto the floor while sleeping?

    >> This moron had been caught sleeping on the floor several times...
    >> infecting a company computer with porn and being generally useless.
    >>
    >> They didn't fire the asshole but at least demoted him from his
    >> management position.
    >>
    >> The company I work for has been bought out several times and he once
    >> got fired for smashing up a company vehicle while high on pot...
    >>
    >> but once the company got bought out (and became a different company)
    >> they hired him back.
    >>

    >> During the work slow down we went through a year ago... though no one
    >> got laid off...
    >> they made plenty of threats.
    >>
    >> I am sure he would have been kept
    >> and someone useful let go.
    >>

    > This should explain why the country is going to hell.

    Really? The experience of one person explains what you refer to as 'the
    country going to hell' ?
    Meat Plow, Jun 22, 2010
  6. Meat Plow

    philo Guest

    On 06/22/2010 11:13 AM, Alec Lourmier wrote:
    > On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 12:29:25 +0000 (UTC), Meat Plow
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Really? The experience of one person explains what you refer to as 'the
    >> country going to hell' ?

    > Maybe philo works for the feds?

    I don't work for the feds

    and one lousy worker does not mean the whole country is going to hell

    but in general I've seen some pretty bad trends in the business world...

    however for the most part...companies that survive must be considerably
    more efficient thnt what would have been acceptable years ago...
    so it's not all bad news
    philo, Jun 23, 2010