Re: Multiple Worksheets in Excel

Discussion in 'Microsoft Certification' started by Thor, Dec 16, 2006.

  1. Thor

    Thor Guest

    "Queenafrance" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > How do I configure Excel so I can move between worksheets in the same
    > workbook by clicking ALT - TAB?

    Open one instance of Excel for each tab you have in your workbook and select
    one tab for each of the instances.
    This might actually make sense if you use Vista and Win-Tab and want to
    present your tabs with style, but with Alt-tab it's not the most elegant
    way. Eight out of ten for creativity, though.
    53

    Thor, Dec 16, 2006

  2. Thor

    Kurt Guest

    Thor wrote:
    > "Queenafrance" <> wrote in message
    >> How do I configure Excel so I can move between worksheets in the same
    >> workbook by clicking ALT - TAB?

    > Open one instance of Excel for each tab you have in your workbook and
    > select one tab for each of the instances.
    > This might actually make sense if you use Vista and Win-Tab and want to
    > present your tabs with style, but with Alt-tab it's not the most elegant
    > way. Eight out of ten for creativity, though.
    > 53

    That will work for viewing, but you can have only 1 read/write copy of a
    workbook open at a time.

    ....kurt

    Kurt, Dec 21, 2006

  3. Thor

    Thor Guest

    "Kurt" <> wrote in message
    > Thor wrote:
    >> "Queenafrance" <> wrote in message
    >>> How do I configure Excel so I can move between worksheets in the same
    >>> workbook by clicking ALT - TAB?

    >> Open one instance of Excel for each tab you have in your workbook and
    >> select one tab for each of the instances.
    >> This might actually make sense if you use Vista and Win-Tab and want to
    >> present your tabs with style, but with Alt-tab it's not the most elegant
    >> way. Eight out of ten for creativity, though.
    >> 53

    > That will work for viewing, but you can have only 1 read/write copy of a
    > workbook open at a time.
    >
    > ...kurt

    Easy.
    Create as many copies of the document as you have tabs and name them
    <doc-name>_tab_X_N_updater.* where N is the name of the tab and X is the
    index of the tab.
    Put the documents on the hard drives on separate machines and buy a
    switch-box so that you can switch between the machines.
    Install MOSS and put a copy of all documents on the SharePoint site so that
    you can version your documents.
    Test the solution and train the viewers on how to use your system.
    53

    Thor, Dec 21, 2006
  4. Thor

    Kurt Guest

    Thor wrote:
    > "Kurt" <> wrote in message
    >> Thor wrote:
    >>> "Queenafrance" <> wrote in
    >>> message news:...
    >>>
    >>> Open one instance of Excel for each tab you have in your workbook and
    >>> select one tab for each of the instances.
    >>> This might actually make sense if you use Vista and Win-Tab and want
    >>> to present your tabs with style, but with Alt-tab it's not the most
    >>> elegant way. Eight out of ten for creativity, though.
    >>> 53

    >> That will work for viewing, but you can have only 1 read/write copy of
    >> a workbook open at a time.
    >>
    >> ...kurt

    > Easy.
    > Create as many copies of the document as you have tabs and name them
    > <doc-name>_tab_X_N_updater.* where N is the name of the tab and X is the
    > index of the tab.
    > Put the documents on the hard drives on separate machines and buy a
    > switch-box so that you can switch between the machines.
    > Install MOSS and put a copy of all documents on the SharePoint site so
    > that you can version your documents.
    > Test the solution and train the viewers on how to use your system.
    > 53

    Pure elegance! Wish I'd thought of it.

    ....kurt

    Kurt, Dec 22, 2006