Re: Mulit-part images?

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Aug 11, 2009.

  1. cavelamb wrote:
    > I'm a sailor and love old ships.
    >
    > alt.binaries.pictures.tall-ships has had a lot of
    > postings lately but most of the pictures are split.
    > I can get the first part, but it's cut off at the
    > bottom, and the second half is just techno-babble.
    >
    > The guys said Outlook Express will combine and decod
    > these multi-part pictures, but I don't use OE.
    >
    > Is there an add-on for Thunderbird to do that?
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    >

    > Richard

    someone was supposed to be working on that, but I
    haven't heard a peep out of anyone regarding this, so I
    guess the answer is a big no.

    That being said, you might want to take a peak at this:
    http://edmullen.net/Mozilla/moz_combine.php and here:
    http://www.yenc.com/

    help!!!!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Aug 11, 2009