Re: MS Proxy server/client

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Lowly Engineer, Jun 21, 2003.

  1. You obviously don't comprehend what you read. I have no choice in the
    matter. Of course, I would upgrade - I have even offered to pay for
    the software and hardware needed and perform the upgrade myself.

    I have two choices: Use the network my boss provides, or quit.

    Lowly Engineer, Jun 21, 2003

  2. Lowly Engineer

    -=Chris=- Guest

    === I was minding my own business when Lowly Engineer blurted out ===

    > You obviously don't comprehend what you read. I have no choice in the
    > matter. Of course, I would upgrade - I have even offered to pay for
    > the software and hardware needed and perform the upgrade myself.
    >
    > I have two choices: Use the network my boss provides, or quit.
    >

    >> Perhaps you need to spend less time trying to make legacy software work,

    and
    >> more time putting together some ROI data on implementing a newer proxy
    >> server. I personally run Squid on OpenBSD. Never paid a dime, and my
    >> server supports 200+ users.

    My point was that you're never going to make it work with newer operating
    systems. You didn't say WHY your boss won't use anything other than Proxy
    1.0, and honestly, given the cost of a simple squid proxy, there is
    absolutely NO reason NOT to get rid of the older MS Proxy. If your boss
    WON'T see this, then perhaps you are better off with the second of the two
    choices you mentioned.

    --
    Ignore the man behind the newsreader

    -=Chris=-, Jun 24, 2003